Step Down Travel Nursing Jobs | GIFTED Healthcare
Step Down travel nurses work in Step Down Units, which provide intermediate or progressive levels of care in between Intensive Care Units (ICU) and general medical-surgical units. Step Down nursing is an exciting and challenging job in high demand across the United States and involves providing care in a variety of different specialties, acting as a patient advocate to assist physicians with patient-centered, compassionate care. As a Step Down travel nurse with GIFTED, you will make significant differences in people’s lives.
Nursing one of the country’s fastest-growing professions and GIFTED will ensure your contract reflects how valuable your Step Down RN talents are. At GIFTED Healthcare, our top priority is finding travel nursing opportunities that work best for your career and family. GIFTED offers excellent benefits for travel and per diem Step Down nurses, including full health, dental, and vision insurance from day one.
Step Down RN Role & Responsibilities
Step Down Units treat patients who are more severe than typical ward patients, but less severe than ICU patients. Step Down RNs treat a patients with a wide variety of conditions as well as high-acuity patients, transitioning them back to better health after major procedures and surgeries or after stays in critical care units.
ICU RN responsibilities may include:
- Continual monitoring of patients in moderate and severe condition
- Delivering regular updates on patient status to physicians, patients, and patients’ families
- Advanced use of monitors and technical equipment
- Acting as a patient advocate and assisting in development of patient care plans
- Administer IV’s and medications in coordination with patient care plans
- Bedside vigilance, critical thinking and ability to make decisions quickly
- Assist patients with basic daily activities and functions
- Respond to medical emergencies with confidence and critical thinking skills
- Assisting with procedures, treatments, lab draws, central lines
Step Down RNs may also have the option to earn overtime (OT) or pick up per diem shifts in their area. GIFTED Healthcare offers licensure reimbursement and weekly or daily pay when applicable.
Become a Step Down Travel Nurse with GIFTED Healthcare
GIFTED Healthcare provides Step Down travel nurses with great pay, excellent benefits, and travel nursing assignments in top-notch facilities across the United States. Browse our job board below to find the Step Down travel nurse assignment you’ve been searching for!
|Profession||Specialty||Location||Shift||Start Date||Details||Crisis Contract|