Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Location: south dakota
Our Current Jobs in south dakota
Medical Technologist - Laboratory Job in Custer, SD
Medical Technologist (MT) Travel JobThe Medical Technologist (MT) maintains current professional knowledge and skills to perform testing as a generalist, including chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, serology, and basic microbiology and blood banking. Responsible for producing high quality, accurate test results in an efficient manner consistent with laboratory and hospital policy. The MT is responsible for performing various routine or special clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory using automated equipment, manual testing, and microscopic analysis to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Medical Technologist (MT) Responsibilities:
- Medical Tech analyzes the tests that have been performed and provides relevant results that may pertain in diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases.
- Performs and/or assists in performing all assigned qualitative and quantitative chemical tests on patient blood and body fluids (inclusive of, but not limited to, chemical, endocrinological, toxicological, immunological, and other analytes as required).
- MT sorts, spins, and separates specimens for analysis.
- Complete all required documentation and perform all required quality assurance/CQI procedures. Log, enter, verify, and validate all requisite data in computerized clinical system or on manual records. Records and reports abnormal findings ("critical values") to supervisor(s) and respective clinical providers and units.
- MT maintains records of patient test results, quality control, and management.
- Performs ongoing daily quality assurance/CQI functions in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure safety, environmental, and infection control and compliance with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Medical Technologist understands principles involved in test reactions and understands laboratory procedures.
- Perform and document quality control procedures for each test performed. Documents all quality control failures and corrective action taken.
- MT performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and solves problems or determines alternative solutions for analysis if needed and reports all deviations from established procedure to the Coordinator. Investigates testing problems/errors and informs Department Coordinator of all irregularities, errors of instrument failure, and measures taken to solve problem.
- Check the blood group and blood type and help in successful blood transfusion for patients suffering from severe diseases.
- Monitor and maintain all equipment and ensure that required chemicals and infrastructure are available in the laboratories.
- Medical Technologist receives, labels, and processes patient specimens, entering requisite information into section computerized system in accordance with set procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Medical Technologist, at GIFTED? We do!