PICU Travel Nursing Jobs | GIFTED Healthcare
Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU) travel nurses provide critical care to patients ranging from infancy to age eighteen. PICU nursing is an exciting and challenging job that involves taking care of infants and children during their most vulnerable moments, and provides the opportunity to truly saving people’s lives. As a PICU travel nurse with GIFTED Healthcare, you will act as a patient advocate to assist physicians with high-quality, compassionate care.
Nursing is one of the country’s fastest growing professions, and GIFTED will ensure your contract reflects how valuable your ICU RN talents are. At GIFTED Healthcare, our top priority is finding travel nursing opportunities that work best for your career and family. GIFTED offers excellent benefits for travel PICU nurses, including full health, dental, and vision insurance from day one.
PICU RN Role & Responsibilities
PICU nurses collaborate with physicians, families, and other healthcare professionals to create patient care plans. PICU nurses must have excellent communication skills to relay patient assessments efficiently to physicians. They also must display high levels of compassion and sensitivity to deal with young populations and handle the intense realities of children with severe illnesses. As a PICU nurse, your ability to make split-second decisions in emergency situations is also essential.
PICU RN responsibilities may include:
- Continual monitoring of infants, children and adolescents in critical condition
- Displaying compassion, patience, sensitivity, and emotional stability
- Collaborating with families and healthcare professionals to develop and implement age-appropriate patient care plans
- Insert IVs, administer medications
- Use medical technology to measure oxygen levels, take blood pressure readings, and monitor vital signs
- Perform live-saving interventions to stabilize patients
- Delivering regular updates on patient status to physicians, patients, and patients’ families.
- Ensuring that ventilators and other medical equipment functions properly
- Bedside vigilance, critical thinking and ability to make decisions quickly
- Charting and maintenance of patient records
PICU nurses may also have the option to earn overtime (OT) or pick up per diem shifts in their area. GIFTED Healthcare offers licensure reimbursement and weekly or daily pay when applicable.
Become a PICU Travel Nurse with GIFTED Healthcare
GIFTED Healthcare provides PICU travel nurses with great pay, excellent benefits, and travel nursing assignments in top-notch facilities across the United States. Browse our job board below to find the PICU travel nurse assignment you’ve been searching for!
|Profession||Specialty||Location||Shift||Start Date||Details||Crisis Contract|