PCU Travel Nursing Jobs | GIFTED Healthcare
Progressive Care Unit (PCU) nurses provide care to patients that require close monitoring and assessment, but who aren’t severe enough to require ICU care. PCU nursing is an exciting and challenging job in high demand across the United States and involves truly saving people’s lives, acting as a patient advocate to assist physicians with patient-centered, compassionate care. As a PCU travel nurse at GIFTED, you will specialize in treating a wide variety of patients and making a major difference in their lives.
ICU nursing is one of the country’s fastest growing professions, and GIFTED will ensure your contract reflects how valuable your PCU RN talents are. At GIFTED Healthcare, our top priority is finding travel nursing opportunities that work best for your career and family. GIFTED offers excellent benefits for travel and per diem PCU nurses, including full health, dental, and vision insurance from day one.
PCU RN Role & Responsibilities
PCU nurses monitor cardiac function and other vital signs to detect changes, providing updates to physicians and assisting in life-extending or lifesaving interventions and emergency situations. PCU RNs must handle delicate and high-intensity situations with confidence and critical thinking skills, making quick decisions and displaying nursing knowledge in a wide variety of areas. PCU nurses are also sometimes known as Step Down nurses.
PCU RN responsibilities may include:
- Continual monitoring of patients in serious condition
- Delivering regular updates on patient status to physicians, patients, and patients’ famiilies
- Administer IV’s and complex medications that may require titration
- Assist in development and implementation of patient care plans
- Advanced use of cardiac and other medical equipment to monitor patient health and vital signs
- Bedside vigilance, critical thinking and ability to make decisions quickly
- Educating patients and their families on their care plans
- Assisting patients with basic daily activities and functions
- Respond to medical emergencies with confidence and critical thinking skills
PCU nurses may also have the option to earn overtime (OT) or pick up per diem shifts in their area. GIFTED Healthcare offers licensure reimbursement and weekly or daily pay when applicable.
Become a PCU Travel Nurse with GIFTED Healthcare
GIFTED Healthcare provides PCU travel nurses with great pay, excellent benefits, and travel nursing assignments in top-notch facilities across the United States. Browse our job board below to find the PCU travel nurse assignment you’ve been searching for!