Gifted Healthcare is seeking talented and dedicated ICU RNs interested in a fulfilling travel experience at facilities in Mississippi.
Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Location: mississippi
Our Current Jobs in mississippi
Registered Nurse - ICU Job in Jackson, MS
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobAs an ICU/CCU RN, you will have the privilege of providing direct nursing care to the patients we serve.
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
For over 40-years this 319-bed medical center in Jackson, MS has provided the community with medical services, including diagnostic and surgical cardiac services, obstetrics and women’s health services, cancer care, emergency care featuring FastTrack, a burn and reconstruction center, surgery and inpatient behavioral health services. This hospital was the first in Jackson to offer safer radiation treatments and is home to Mississippi’s only gamma knife. The facility is also one of the first hospitals in the nation to add a PET/CT scanner to its nuclear medicine department, and is the first hospital in Mississippi to offer other health care programs such as balance and hearing, wound management and the first to offer digital mammography combined with a special computer-aided detection system.
Jackson, MS is known as the “City of Soul” for its culture rich in blues, gospel, and jazz. As the capital and largest city in Mississippi, Jackson, has endless amounts of things to do and explore. Celebrate the Civil Rights Movement at the Smith Robertson Museum and Cultural Center or check out the Mississippi Sports Hall of Fame and Museum, named among the top 10 “Most Amazing Baseball Museums in America” by ESPN. You can also see a memorable performance by the world-class Mississippi Symphony Orchestra or grab a drink and authentic soul food at a blues “juke joint”. There is no shortage of fun in this family-friendly city.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!
Submit Your Short App
These positions have great benefits that include flexible hours, health, dental, and life insurance; not to mention an exciting referral bonus for referring other GIFTED professionals like yourself.
ICU RNs (Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses) typically provide around the clock medical care to patients with life threatening illnesses, diseases and injuries. These patients are normally recovering from accidents, trauma, organ failure, or surgery in the ICU. Some patients may even be comatose.
ICU RNs like you are trained to notice and respond to any crisis that takes place in the intensive care unit. This training and on the job experience makes ICU nurses like you the ideal candidate to work in high paying, state of the art facilities.
ICU travel RNs are able to work in any hospital outside of his or her state, or even move cross-country. ICU travel RNs are in high demand at many hospitals because of the array of experience and medical insight they bring to other hospitals.
Furthermore, as an Intensive Care Unit Travel Registered Nurse you can earn more money and enjoy various opportunities which provide training and experience in the newest and most updated technology in healthcare.
ICU RN jobs in Mississippi offer a tremendous opportunity to work in some of the top medical facilities in the country.
Working as an ICU RN with Gifted Healthcare in Mississippi has more to offer than just great healthcare experience. It also offers a chance to explore the city’s vibrant culture and its many attractions while not on shift.
Mississippi has a vibrant culture all of its own, which you can feel no matter where you go in the state, from the capital city of Jackson to the resorts around Gulfport and Biloxi. This state offers 62 miles of soft, white sandy beaches that fringe Mississippi’s coast on the Gulf of Mexico offering a sunny getaway with plenty to do. In places like Biloxi, Gulfport, Bay St. Louis, Ocean Springs and more, you can do everything from trying your luck at a casino to relaxing on the beach or going fishing on the water. Check out the history that lives in Natchez from the Owl Creek Mounds to the Mississippi Craft Center. Mississippi has been noted as one of the most influential places in the origins of Delta blues, you can follow the Mississippi Blues Trail to explore more of the history of the genre.
Working an ICU travel nursing job in Mississippi is the perfect opening for travel nurses at any stage in their career.
Gifted Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED, we do!