Maryland Healthcare Jobs
Welcome to Gifted Healthcare, your source for travel nurse jobs and LPN jobs in Maryland. We pride ourselves in providing an exceptional experience for our travel nurses. Our company was founded by nurses, for nurses. Apply to one of the Maryland travel nurse jobs below and see for yourself what sets us apart.
Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Location: maryland
Our Current Jobs in maryland
Nuclear Medicine Technologist - Nuclear Medicine Job in Clinton, MD
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Nuclear Medicine Tech) Travel JobNuclear Medicine Technologists prepare and administer radiopharmaceuticals to patients. They perform a wide variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment while utilizing radio nuclides. Nuclear Medicine Techs will also perform Pet-CT studies. Our ideal Nuclear Medicine Tech candidate will show initiative and is a good critical and analytical thinker.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Nuclear Medicine Tech) Responsibilities:
- Assist physicians and perform quality radiographic procedures at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist ensures that any pre-procedural preparation has been completed, including but not limited to, fasting, hydration, the taking of thyroid blocking compounds, voiding, bowel cleansing, and suspension of interfering medications.
- Maintain radiation protection standards for patients, employees, and self during exposures.
- Nuclear Medicine Tech establishes appropriate technical factors, positions patients properly, collimates to area of interest, utilizes proper film size, and labels radiographs correctly.
- Maintain appropriate records of administered radioactivity, quality control procedures, patient reports, and other required records.
- Nuclear Medicine Tech documents incidents, reactions, and unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Stocks X-ray rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by supervisor.
- The Nuclear Medicine Technologist actively works to improve processes in the Radiology Department.
- Perform quality control procedures in accordance with standards set by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Nuclear Medicine Tech has full knowledge of use of dos calibrator to ensure correct dosage to patients.
- Accurately monitors the work area for radioactive contamination and documents daily.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist regularly reviews the requisitions received during the shift to create the most efficient schedule.
- Establish and maintain proper communication with patients and clearly explain the procedure and any risks.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Nuclear Medicine Technologist, at GIFTED? We do!
Submit Your Short App
Maryland offers a wide variety of attractions and things to do with its landscape extending from the seashore to the mountains to urban areas. In just one day you can enjoy spectacular scenery and outdoor activities as well as visit museums, historic sites and cultural events. Baltimore is the largest city in Maryland and is home of many extraordinary attractions to explore such as the National Aquarium, the Fort McHenry, the “Star-Spangled Banner” fort, or the Baltimore Museum of Art, just to name a few! Annapolis is home of the United States Naval Academy and St. John’s College, the third oldest institution of higher education in the United States. Deep Creek Lake is one of the top destination spots with mountains, rivers, and lakes you can enjoy hiking, bicycling, picnicking, boating, fishing, camping, swimming, and horseback riding in warmer weather and skiing, snowboarding, snow tubing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling during the winter months.
Combine the sites and scenes of Maryland with state of the art facilities and travel nurse assignments and you’ve got a recipe for a fun, rewarding travel nurse adventure. At Gifted Healthcare you’ll find a huge variety of Travel MedSurg, OR, ER, LTAC, and ICU Nurse, CNA and LPN jobs in Maryland.