LTAC Travel Nursing Jobs | GIFTED Healthcare
Due to the intense, specialized nature of the medical services provided in Long Term Acute Care (LTAC) facilities, LTAC nurses have unique jobs. LTAC facilities provide specialized care for patients with medical problems requiring intense treatment for extended periods of time. Patients in LTAC facilities have serious conditions like respiratory failure, cardiovascular disease, trauma, infectious diseases, or severe wounds.
Nursing is one of the country’s fastest growing professions, and GIFTED will ensure your contract reflects how valuable your LTAC RN talents are. At GIFTED Healthcare, our top priority is finding travel nursing opportunities that work best for your career and family. GIFTED offers excellent benefits for travel LTAC nurses, including full health, dental, and vision insurance from day one.
LTAC RN Role & Responsibilities
The average stay for a patient in an LTAC facility is 25 days, and LTAC nurses often care for patients from admission to discharge. As a result, LTAC nurses make a large impact on the lives of patients and their families. An LTAC RN participates in patients’ care meetings, manages pain relief, regularly participates in urgent medical procedures, and assesses the needs of patients’ families while discussing illnesses and treatment plans.
LTAC nurses develop strong bonds with their patients and become invested in their success. Their roles are challenging, rewarding and highly educational. LTAC RN responsibilities may include:
- Continual monitoring of high-acuity patients
- Delivering regular updates on patient status to physicians, patients, and patients’ families.
- Respond to medical emergencies with confidence and critical thinking skills
- Assist in development and implementation of patient care plans, educating patients and their families on care plans
- Chest tube, tracheotomy and ventilator care
- Administer IV’s and complex medications
- Serving as patient and family advocate regarding care plan decisions
- Wound care, cleaning and dressing wounds, suture removal, adhering to skin care protocols
- Use of cardiac and other technology to monitor patient health and vital signs
- Bedside vigilance, critical thinking and ability to make decisions quickly
- Assisting patients with basic daily activities and functions
LTAC nurses may also have the option to earn overtime (OT) or pick up per diem shifts in their area. GIFTED Healthcare offers licensure reimbursement and weekly or daily pay when applicable.
Become an LTAC Travel Nurse with GIFTED Healthcare
LTAC Travel assignments give you the chance to provide quality care to the patients who need it the most. We offer LTAC Travel Nurse jobs across the U.S. with excellent pay, day one benefits, and the opportunity to truly make a difference in patient outcomes.
Browse our job board below to find the LTAC travel RN assignment you’ve been searching for!