Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Location: louisiana
Our Current Jobs in louisiana
Operating Room Technician/ ORT Travel JobThe Operating Room Technician/ ORT provides assistance to surgeons, nurses and other medical personnel during a surgery.
Operating Room Technician/ ORT Responsibilities:
- The ORT plays a key role in creating an operating environment that is safe for patients and runs smoothly for the surgeons and nurses
- ORT’s most important role is being an assistant to the surgeon
- Prepare both the patient and the operating room for surgery
- Clean and sterilize operating room equipment and instruments
- Assist in the preparation of the operating room by laying out instruments and setting up equipment
- Take inventory of sponges, needles, and instruments before and after surgery
- Help prepare specimens taken for laboratory analysis
- Operating Room Techs operate sterilizers, lights, or suction machines and help operate some diagnostic equipment during a surgery
- Help other team members into sterile gloves and gowns
- Anticipate a surgeon’s needs, working efficiently to provide prompt access to sterile items
- The Operating Room Tech performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Winner of the 2012 Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval, this 355-bed health system provides cancer care, diabetes education, emergency care, heart health services, has an intensive care unit, radiology services, rehabilitation, sports medicine, surgical services, and more. Just like GIFTED, North Oaks believes in doing the right thing, at the right time, in the right way, in order to achieve the best possible result for every patient. They have earned New Orleans CityBusiness Best Places to Work for 6 consecutive years!
The beautiful, quaint city of Hammond is nestled between New Orleans and Baton Rouge Louisiana, only a 45 minute drive to either. Hammond offers many nearby attractions; a safari adventure at the Global Wildlife Center, the Kentwood Historical and Cultural Arts Museum, the Camp Moore Confederate Museum, and Kliebert’s Alligator farm, where visitors get up close and personal with a working alligator and turtle farm. The area is an antique haven and the renowned Ponchatoula Strawberry Festival is held in the spring.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Endoscopy Tech, at GIFTED? We do!