Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Location: kansas
Our Current Jobs in kansas
Registered Nurse - Psych Job in Osawatomie, KS
Psychiatric (Psych) Registered Nurse (RN) Local JobThe Psychiatric or Mental Health Registered Nurse works directly with adults, adolescents, and children experiencing psychiatric or behavioral symptoms. Psychiatric RNs are part of a team responsible for implementing overall psychiatric program.
PSYCH RN Responsibilities:
- The Psychiatric Registered Nurse provides direct care to patients
- Assesses patients
- Supervises medication schedules and evaluates patient progress
- Educates patient and family members on symptomology, treatment, and discharge instructions
- Psych RN is responsible for maintaining a safe environment
- Monitors results of medications and treatments
- Psychiatric nurse responds to distressed patients
- Works within a multidisciplinary team to provide outcome based treatment for patients
- The Psych RN observes and reports behavioral changes
- Assists patient in improving coping abilities
- Records all information accurately and completely
- Performs other position-related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This acute care psychiatric hospital provides services to adults diagnosed with psychiatric disorders regardless of ability to pay or legal status. The facility is located less than an hour away from Kansas City and has been providing services for over 150 years. They pride themselves on the exceptional care they give to their patients and strive to provide a consistent and calming environment for all individuals whom need their help. There is never a dull day at this hospital and nurses, doctors, and other staff members can expect to be consistently busy and involved with patients and each other while working.
Kansas City, KS is part of the greater metropolitan area with neighboring cities on both sides of the state line of Kansas and Missouri, offering residents a wealth of attractions in every direction. Check out the nation’s remaining Native-American dugout canoes at the Wyandotte County Museum or see the journey traveled by Lewis & Clark at Kaw Point Riverfront Park. You can also experience NASCAR racing at the Kansas Speedway or check out their major league soccer team, Sporting KC. Whether you are looking for history, shopping, sports, or dining and nightlife, there’s something for everyone!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!