ER Travel Nursing Jobs | GIFTED Healthcare
Emergency Room (ER) nurses are responsible for assessing and treating patients upon their arrival. A successful emergency room nurse has excellent communication skills and a high degree of attention to detail. During each shift, ER nurses must show a keen ability to identify patients’ symptoms and needs, and communicate their assessments to physicians efficiently.
ER nursing is an exciting and challenging job in high demand across the United States and involves truly saving people’s lives, acting as a patient advocate to assist physicians with patient-centered, compassionate care. At GIFTED Healthcare, our top priority is finding travel nursing opportunities that work best for your career and family. GIFTED offers excellent benefits for travel ER nurses, including full health, dental, and vision insurance from day one.
ER RN Role & Responsibilities
A shift in the ER can include a range of diverse situations and cases. ER nursing can also involve long lists of shift responsibilities, still requiring nurses to bring high quality care to every patient. An ER nurse implements treatment plans, explaining prescription information, administering IVs, managing medications, performing injections, and conducting EKGs and other triage elements.
ER RN responsibilities may include:
- Continual readiness to respond to medical emergencies
- Quickly assessing and communicating patient needs
- Treating critical injuries, allergic reactions, and trauma
- Assisting and performing minor medical operations
- Cleaning and dressing wounds
- Administering IVs, medications, and drawing bloog
- Maintaining ER care standards, efficiency and cleanliness
- Assisting with insurance and other paperwork
- Assist in development and implementation of patient care plans
- Conducting EKGs and other triage procedures, monitoring patient health and vital signs
- Bedside vigilance, critical thinking and ability to make decisions quickly
- Educating patients and their families on their care plans
ER nurses may also have the option to earn overtime (OT) or pick up per diem shifts in their area. GIFTED Healthcare offers licensure reimbursement and weekly or daily pay when applicable.
Become an ER Travel Nurse with GIFTED Healthcare
GIFTED Healthcare provides ER travel nurses with great pay, excellent benefits, and travel nursing assignments in top-notch facilities across the United States. Browse our job board below to find the ER travel nurse assignment you’ve been searching for!