Clinical Trials Research Nurse Jobs
The clinical research industry is growing at an unprecedented rate. One of the key developments within the industry is a growing understanding that allowing the test subjects to participate in the studies from the comfort of their own homes leads to drastically reduced patient drop-out rates. This in turn means that researchers can complete their studies more efficiently, thereby allowing useful medical products and knowledge to reach the market faster.
And in order to conduct these trials at home, the clinical research industry relies on Clinical Trial Research Nurses that specialize in providing in-home care to patients.
Clinical Trials Research Nurse (In-Home) Job Description
Highly skilled in-home nurses (RNs) can bring everything from simple questionnaires and vital sign assessments to complex biological sample collection, blood draws, and study drug administration to participants’ homes based on the clinical trial’s protocol requirements.
This patient-centric approach to the study reduces the burden on the study participant, allowing them to fully participate in the clinical trial without having to travel to a medical facility.
This position is primarily responsible for the accurate completion of visit procedures and collection of information from study patients according to protocols, and for protecting the health, safety, and welfare of research participants. In addition, the clinical trial nurse also acts as a study coordinator for limited studies.
Clinical Trials Research Nurse (In-Home) Key Responsibilities
Clinical Trials Research Nurses must be comfortable working in the home and have a good bedside manner. The types of nurses that may meet these qualifications could be Infusion, Dialysis, Home Health, or Hospice nurses, but any qualified nurse can be considered for the role.
In addition, a Clinic Trials Research Nurse has the following responsibilities:
- Ensures the integrity and quality of the clinical trial is maintained and conducted in accordance with federal, state, and local regulations
- This position will assist with the administration of trials to research study patients in individual homes
- Registered Nurse may perform medical tests and procedures including lab draws, infusion, and checking and documenting patient’s vitals
- The Clinical Trials RN reports any pertinent information to their supervisor
- Provides patient education and medical information to study patients to ensure understanding of trial
This Clinical Trials Research Nurse role gives you the opportunity to utilize your nursing experience while supporting important research.
Please fill out the form to start your application. A GIFTED recruiter will be in touch with you soon.