Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Location: california
Our Current Jobs in california
Registered Nurse - PICU Job in PALO ALTO, CA
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobPediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurses provide care for children and adolescents with a wide-range of ailments, from common childhood diseases to life-threatening illnesses.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit/PICU RN Responsibilities:
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient, consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Monitors patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure, breathing and heart rate, and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Follows continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings, such as EKG tracings, O2 stats, CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and reports any observed changes
- Tracks urine output, changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs (both central venous & arterial)
- Administers infusion therapy, including: IV fluids, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, electrolytes
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, such as ventilators
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments, analyzes lab results
- Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations
- Assists with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters, arterial lines, external ventricular drains, epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes, Foleys
- The PICU RN provides education, information and emotional support to the patient’s family and caregivers
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- The PICU RN performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 361-bed facility is located in Stanford, California and is the only network in the Bay Area exclusively dedicated to obstetric and pediatric care. This hospital has been dedicated to providing excellent care to everyone within the Bay Area since 1991. The vision of this hospital is to heal humanity through science and compassion, one child and family at a time. This facilities' medical services include cardiology, neonatology, brain and behavior services, dialysis, and many more. This hospital is nationally ranked and internationally recognized as being one of the best pediatric and obstetrics facilities.
Stanford is located in the Santa Clara County in California and is only 35 miles away from San Francisco. This city is most well known for being home to Stanford University, a private and prestigious research university. Although this town is known for its academic excellence, and proximity to Silicon Valley, there are many other adventures that await. Spend your day off wandering down University Ave and explore the 7-block strip known as one of the best and busiest shopping locations on the peninsula. Be sure to check out the landmark Stanford Dish radio telescope, discover the Cantor Arts Center, or take a tour of Frank Lloyd Wright’s Hanna House.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!