Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Location: california
Our Current Jobs in california
Registered Nurse - PICU Job in Santa Monica, CA
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobPediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurses provide care for children and adolescents with a wide-range of ailments, from common childhood diseases to life-threatening illnesses.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit/PICU RN Responsibilities:
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient, consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Monitors patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure, breathing and heart rate, and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Follows continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings, such as EKG tracings, O2 stats, CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and reports any observed changes
- Tracks urine output, changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs (both central venous & arterial)
- Administers infusion therapy, including: IV fluids, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, electrolytes
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, such as ventilators
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments, analyzes lab results
- Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations
- Assists with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters, arterial lines, external ventricular drains, epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes, Foleys
- The PICU RN provides education, information and emotional support to the patient’s family and caregivers
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- The PICU RN performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a healthcare system that has been a leader in patient care, medical research and teaching for more than 60 years. Year after year, the entire health system is ranked by U.S. News & World Report as one of “America’s Best Hospitals”. This particular hospital is located in Santa Monica, CA and is an academic medical center and teaching hospital. It is a general medical and surgical hospital with 265 beds. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Located about 15 miles west of Los Angeles, is the coastal city of Santa Monica, CA. With year-round warm weather, beaches, and an abundance of great restaurants and excellent nightlife spots, Santa Monica is definitely an ideal destination for a travel nurse assignment. Santa Monica is a very walkable and bike-friendly town, including bike paths that travel a full 22 miles, it’s so easy to get around and experience all this city has to offer. Visit the iconic Santa Monica Pier, where a variety of shops, restaurants and carnival attractions, including a solar-powered Ferris wheel, all atop a historical wooden wharf. At night, explore the Third Street Promenade boasting with activities such as movies, street performers and entertainment. You might even spot a celebrity or two shopping or grabbing coffee at one of the local shops!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!