Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Job Type: Travel Contract
Nuclear Medicine Technologist - Nuclear Medicine Job in Payson, UT
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Nuclear Medicine Tech) Travel JobNuclear Medicine Technologists prepare and administer radiopharmaceuticals to patients. They perform a wide variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment while utilizing radio nuclides. Nuclear Medicine Techs will also perform Pet-CT studies. Our ideal Nuclear Medicine Tech candidate will show initiative and is a good critical and analytical thinker.
Nuclear Medicine Technologist (Nuclear Medicine Tech) Responsibilities:
- Assist physicians and perform quality radiographic procedures at a level of competence not requiring constant supervision of technical detail.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist ensures that any pre-procedural preparation has been completed, including but not limited to, fasting, hydration, the taking of thyroid blocking compounds, voiding, bowel cleansing, and suspension of interfering medications.
- Maintain radiation protection standards for patients, employees, and self during exposures.
- Nuclear Medicine Tech establishes appropriate technical factors, positions patients properly, collimates to area of interest, utilizes proper film size, and labels radiographs correctly.
- Maintain appropriate records of administered radioactivity, quality control procedures, patient reports, and other required records.
- Nuclear Medicine Tech documents incidents, reactions, and unusual occurrences at time of incident.
- Stocks X-ray rooms with required supply items as listed in rooms and monitored by supervisor.
- The Nuclear Medicine Technologist actively works to improve processes in the Radiology Department.
- Perform quality control procedures in accordance with standards set by the Nuclear Regulatory Commission.
- Nuclear Medicine Tech has full knowledge of use of dos calibrator to ensure correct dosage to patients.
- Accurately monitors the work area for radioactive contamination and documents daily.
- Nuclear Medicine Technologist regularly reviews the requisitions received during the shift to create the most efficient schedule.
- Establish and maintain proper communication with patients and clearly explain the procedure and any risks.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Nuclear Medicine Technologist, at GIFTED? We do!