MRI Technologist - MRI Job in Providence, RI
MRI Technologist (MRI Tech) Travel JobWe are looking for an MRI Technologist to produce high quality MRI diagnostic images while providing excellent patient care. Our ideal MRI Tech candidate treats patients, including family members or care providers that may accompany the patient, with courtesy, professionalism, and respect.
MRI Technologist (MRI Tech) Responsibilities:
- MRI Technologist Duties and Responsibilities
- MRI Tech ensures room is ready prior to the patient entering the room (i.e. equipment is operable, and all supplies are readily available).
- Understands and uses TR, TE, flip angel, slice thickness, acquisitions, field of view, and other adjustments and factors on the equipment in order to produce high quality images.
- MRI Technologist checks and properly documents patient histories and exam information for radiologists’ interpretation.
- Administer venipuncture in a safe and effective manner (if applicable).
- Put patients at ease by explaining the procedure and responding to their questions/requests in a professional manner.
- MRI Technologist handles delicate situations (fetal demise, cancerous pathology, etc.) in a supportive and empathetic manner.
- Communicate delays or changes in the schedule to the appropriate person(s).
- MRI Tech assures patient safety by screening for metal objects and implants prior to the patient entering the MRI room.
- Demonstrate good judgment when correlating patient history and scanning protocols, knowing when to divert from routine scans or when to enlist assistance from the radiologist to achieve high quality diagnostic images.
- MRI Technologist monitors patient’s well-being during scans, recognizes patient discomfort or medical problems, and takes appropriate action.
- MRI Tech sends studies to reading stations for radiologist’s review, if applicable.
- MRI Tech exercises sound judgment regarding image quality and determines when repeats are necessary.
- Perform routine maintenance and ensure cleanliness of equipment and rooms on daily basis.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a MRI Technologist, at GIFTED? We do!