Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Job Type: Travel Contract
Registered Nurse - PCU Job in Cape May Court House, NJ
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobProgressive Care Unit (PCU) Registered Nurses care for patients requiring close monitoring and frequent assessment.
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren't unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 242-bed general medical and surgical facility is the southern-most gateway to advanced care in the state of New Jersey. It is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and offers a full array of services, including advanced ICU care.
Fine wine, wonderful dining, jazz festivals and events all year make Cape May one of the best places to live in the country. Cape May, NJ is a National Historical Landmark located on an island, where you can walk or ride a bike anywhere including the grocery store, restaurants, and the beaches. A beautiful promenade runs beside the sandy beaches offering the perfect location for biking or jogging. Take a trolley tour through the historic district and explore dozens of Victorian Beds & Breakfasts. Get some retail therapy in at Washington Street Mall, a three-block outdoor walking mall.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!