CT Technologist - Radiology Job in Athol, MA
CAT Scan Technologist (CT Tech) Travel JobThe CAT (Computerized Axial Tomography) Scan Technologist is a highly skilled professional who uses specialized x-ray equipment to produce cross-sectional images of the human anatomy. CAT Scan Technologists CT Tech aide radiologists in diagnosing a wide variety of diseases and disorders. They must demonstrate an understanding of human cross-sectional anatomy, physiology, pathology, pharmacology, and medical terminology and maintain a high degree of accuracy in positioning and exposure techniques. As a CT Scan Technologist, you will be supervised by a board-certified radiologist but afforded a great amount of independence and responsibility.
CAT Scan Technologist (CT Tech) Responsibilities:
- CAT Technologist operates CAT scan and sends images to radiologist for interpretation.
- Determine and set appropriate technical parameters and position patients so desired anatomy and pathology will be accurately demonstrated.
- CT Tech administers contrast material.
- Record the patient’s medical history before an exam and educate and prepare patients for their examinations.
- CAT Scan Technologist compassionately and effectively interacts with the sick or injured and assumes responsibility for the mental and physical comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Act as the primary liaison between patients and radiologists and other members of the support team.
- CAT Scan Tech makes recommendations for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
- Address problems that are varied, requiring analysis or interpretation of the situation using direct observation, knowledge, and skills based on general precedents.
- Communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- CT Tech makes decisions that are guided by general instructions and practices requiring some interpretation.
- Clean and disinfect patient rooms.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a CT Technologist, at GIFTED? We do!