Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Job Type: Travel Contract
Certified Surgical Technologist - Certified Surgical Tech Job in Augusta, ME
Certified Surgical Technician/CST Travel JobThe Certified Surgical Technician/ CST plays an essential role in the surgical setting, preparing both the patient and the operating room for surgeries.
Certified Surgical Technician/ CST Responsibilities:
- The CST prepares both the patient and the operating room for surgeries
- CST’s set the stage for an operation and advocate for the patients’ safety and comfort
- Provide emotional support to patients before their surgery
- Certified Surgical Techs sterilize the equipment and tools that they handle and pass to surgeons during surgery
- Must maintain a sterile area at all times
- Help other team members into sterile gloves and gowns and monitor them throughout surgery to be sure they follow aseptic technique
- Assist the surgical team by holding organs in place or using retractors during the surgery
- Anticipate a surgeon’s needs, working efficiently to provide prompt access to sterile items
- Once surgery is complete, help dress the wound and transfer patients to recovery rooms
- The Certified Surgical Tech performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This medical facility offers inpatient and outpatient care in a new, state-of-the-art, 192-bed medical center. It is fully accredited by the Joint Commission and for the second year in a row received an Excellence in Engagement Award from The Advisory Board for achieving high employee engagement numbers. U.S. News & World Report ranks this medical center as the third-best hospital in Maine.
Augusta is the city with the small-town feel, as the capital on Maine, it is rich in history, business and culture. Check out the Maine State Museum which contains more than 500,000 artifacts that tell the story of Maine’s residents. You can also visit Old Fort Western, the oldest surviving wooden for in Maine and New England, built in 1754. The city is also the home of the Pine Tree State Arboretum, a 224-acre park and botanic garden, with six miles of hiking, biking and cross-country skiing trails for free!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a CST, at GIFTED? We do!