Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Job Type: Travel Contract
Certified Surgical Technologist - Certified Surgical Tech Job in Glasgow, KY
Certified Surgical Technician/CST Travel JobThe Certified Surgical Technician/ CST plays an essential role in the surgical setting, preparing both the patient and the operating room for surgeries.
Certified Surgical Technician/ CST Responsibilities:
- The CST prepares both the patient and the operating room for surgeries
- CST’s set the stage for an operation and advocate for the patients’ safety and comfort
- Provide emotional support to patients before their surgery
- Certified Surgical Techs sterilize the equipment and tools that they handle and pass to surgeons during surgery
- Must maintain a sterile area at all times
- Help other team members into sterile gloves and gowns and monitor them throughout surgery to be sure they follow aseptic technique
- Assist the surgical team by holding organs in place or using retractors during the surgery
- Anticipate a surgeon’s needs, working efficiently to provide prompt access to sterile items
- Once surgery is complete, help dress the wound and transfer patients to recovery rooms
- The Certified Surgical Tech performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 196-bed acute-care facility has been providing their community of South Central Kentucky with comprehensive and advanced medical care for more than 85 years. This hospital’s mission is to combine innovation with compassion, and individualized attention with convenience. With medical services including a cancer center, neurology care, kidney care, a heart center, cardiology, and rehabilitation. This hospital is fully accredited by the Joint Commission.
Glasgow, KY is situated only an hour and a half away from Louisville, KY as well as an hour and a half away from Nashville, TN. Glasgow is well known for its annual Scottish Highland Games, a festival that celebrates Scottish culture, but this city offers much more. National attractions like the Mammoth Cave National Park and the Barren River Lake State Resort Park draw residents as well as visitors to awesome outdoor activities. Glasgow offers unique attraction like an annual car show and yard sale, Dinosaur World, the Plaza Theater, and the South-Central Kentucky Cultural Center. The dining scene is a melting pot of cuisines, from casual Tex-Mex and steak house to Asian inspired, fast food and delicious pizza.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a CST, at GIFTED? We do!