Registered Nurse - LTAC Job in Des Moines, IA
LTAC Long Term Acute Care Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobLong Term Acute Care (LTAC) Registered Nurses are responsible for caring for patients who required extended medical care.
LTAC Long Term Acute Care RN Responsibilities:
- The LTAC Registered Nurse provides quality patient care during the patient assessment, intervention, and evaluation
- The Long Term Acute Care Registered Nurse collaborates with all members of a patient's healthcare team to formulate a care plan that ensures optimum outcomes and continuity of care
- The LTAC Registered Nurse is responsible for dispensing medications, chest tubes, ventilators, wound vacs, critical care IV Drips, feeding tubes, central lines, etc
- LTAC RN's develop an individualized plan of care and work closely with a multidisciplinary team to coordinate and oversee wound care, ventilator care, rehab, and more
- Monitors, implements, and evaluates status of patient
- An LTAC RN gives guidance and supervision to clinical support staff
- Provide emotional support to the patient and family
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This acute long-term care facility is specialized to help care for patients with the most complex and critical medical conditions. Some of the more prominent services offered at the hospital include ventilator dependence, spinal cord injuries, stroke, and brain injuries. Independent breathing is a goal for most patients at the facility, and all staff members make this goal a priority on an individual patient basis. The hospital strives to offer positive outcomes in a cost-effective way. The facility often deals with unique cases that require creative treatment plans and achieving a positive healing outcome is a constant priority for the physicians and staff members. While at this LTAC facility, whether an employee or patient, you will be paid attention to on an individual level to promote a healing environment.
As the capital of Iowa, Des Moines is named after the Des Moines River which the city is located next to. Des Moines is packed full of activities and adventures to keep you busy and on your feet! Whether you want to spend a hot day inside at the Des Moines Art Center or walk through the gorgeous Capital Building there is an extensive variety of things to learn and experience while in the city. The Greater Des Moines Botanical Garden is breathtaking to walk through around sunset time but then again there is nothing quite as enjoyable as collecting fresh produce at the Downtown Farmer’s Market. The city is filled with parks, trails, and outdoor golf courses that allow residents to enjoy being active throughout the entire year. Des Moines is known as a four-season destination so there is always something to take part in no matter the time of year!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!