Registered Nurse - PICU Job in Idaho Falls, ID
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobPediatric Intensive Care Unit (PICU) Registered Nurses provide care for children and adolescents with a wide-range of ailments, from common childhood diseases to life-threatening illnesses.
Pediatric Intensive Care Unit/PICU RN Responsibilities:
- The Pediatric Intensive Care Nurse provides age and culturally appropriate care to patient, consults and coordinates with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Monitors patient’s vital signs, such as blood pressure, breathing and heart rate, and initiates corrective action whenever the patient displays adverse symptomatology
- Follows continuous cardiac and respiratory monitor readings, such as EKG tracings, O2 stats, CVP/arterial line waveforms, if applicable, and reports any observed changes
- Tracks urine output, changes dressings, inserts catheters, starts IVs (both central venous & arterial)
- Administers infusion therapy, including: IV fluids, antibiotics, antifungals, antivirals, electrolytes
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients, such as ventilators
- Prepares and administers and records prescribed medications. Reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments, analyzes lab results
- Assists treating physician during examination, treatment and procedures, which can include life-saving situations
- Assists with the insertion or discontinuation of CV catheters, arterial lines, external ventricular drains, epidural catheters and endotracheal tubes, Foleys
- The PICU RN provides education, information and emotional support to the patient’s family and caregivers
- Records all care information concisely, accurately and completely, in a timely manner, in the appropriate format and on the appropriate forms
- The PICU RN performs other position-related duties as assigned, depending on assignment
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!