Get the most from your job search by saving this as a job alert!
Get job alerts for:
- Job Type: Travel Contract
Registered Respiratory Therapist - Respiratory Job in Wilmington, DE
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Travel JobRespiratory Therapists provides respiratory care treatment, oxygen services, diagnostic testing, and ventilation support services to both in-patients and out-patients ranging in age from neonatal to geriatric. As a CRT/RRT, you may perform ECG, EEG, pulmonary function testing, bronchoscopy, and any other testing as deemed within the scope of practice by national standards. Our ideal Respiratory Therapist candidate must be able to analyze and score data and make patients of all backgrounds feel comfortable.
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Responsibilities:
- Monitor and wean Oxygen Therapy and artificial ventilation.
- CRT/RRT draws, analyzes, and reports Arterial Blood Gases and EKGs.
- Delivers intermittent therapy and assists with changing of artificial airways.
- Respiratory Therapist performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Operate, maintain, and repair respiratory equipment to ensure proper functioning, cleanliness, and operation.
- CRT/RRT performs CPR and bag- mask ventilation.
- Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
- Respiratory Therapist performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity and monitors patients’ treatment.
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of patient care plans.
- CRT/RRT administers pulmonary function tests for assessment of lung function and draws blood and analyzes the oxygen, carbon dioxide, and Ph levels.
- Performs Endotracheal Intubations.
- Respiratory Therapist collects, reviews, and maintains a patient’s medical history and records
- Educate patients, families, physicians, nursing, and other members of the health care team on procedures and treatment plans.
- CRT/RRT assists physicians to perform special procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As an acute long-term care facility with 35 beds, the hospital has become a destination for those patients who need ventilation weaning. In fact, on average, 70% of patients that cannot breathe independently in the hospital are successfully weaned through the recognized resource intensive pulmonary program. Other services offered at the hospital include cardiac and heart failure, renal care, wound maintenance, and infectious disease treatment. The best rewards for all of the hard work done at the facility are the countless patient success stories that inspire throughout the community.
Wilmington is the largest and most populous city in the state of Delaware and is located approximately 40 min from the city of Philadelphia, PA. Though Wilmington is know as a small town you will not run out of adventures to do while you are there on your travel nurse assignment. Take a tour of the beautiful Wilmington and Brandywine Valley breweries or wineries and witness the process of how your beer and wine are made. Visit the zoo or one of the many museums filled with antiques and rich American history. At night head on over to the Wilmington and Brandywine Valley casino and gaming where you can test your luck at the live races or one of the table games.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RRT, at GIFTED? We do!