X-Ray Tech – X-Ray job in Leesburg, VA
X-Ray Tech (Radiologic Technician) Travel Job
X-Ray Tech Radiologic Technician Responsibilities:
- Selects proper ionizing factors for radiological diagnosis and adjusts and sets radiographic controls, such as kilovoltage and milliamperage, to prescribed specifications for proper timing of exposure.
- Radiologic Technician reviews and evaluates developed X-rays, video tape, or computer-generated information to determine if images are satisfactory for diagnostic purposes.
- Uses radiation safety measures and protection devices to comply with government regulations and to ensure safety of patients and staff.
- Rad Tech takes X-rays of patients’ chest, limbs, or other parts of the body as requested by physicians.
- Administers contrast media to patients for gastrointestinal and other special studies.
- Radiologic Technician monitors patients’ conditions and reactions, reporting abnormal signs to physician.
- Performs radiographic procedures for patients in surgery.
- Protects patient and other personnel from radiation hazards.
- Radiologic Technician keys commands and data into computer to document and specify sequences, adjust transmitters and receivers, or photograph certain images, and distributes films to appropriate medical staff.
- Rad Tech develops, fixes, washes, and dries exposed films using film processing and drying equipment.
- Maintain and prepare required records such as patient records, daily logbooks, and monthly reports.
- X-Ray Tech maintains quantity and quality control checks to assure X-ray unit meets standards required by laws, rules, and departmental policies.
- X-Ray Tech cleans, maintains, and makes minor adjustments to radiographic equipment, including determining repairs needed for equipment and ensuring radiographic supplies and film are well-stocked.
- Interact compassionately and effectively with the sick or injured and assume responsibility for the mental and physical comfort of patients as well as their safety.
- Radiologic Technician uses professional and ethical judgment and critical thinking when performing duties and makes suggestions for solving problems of moderate complexity and importance.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger not-for-profit healthcare system, this 183-bed is a nationally recognized, acute-care community hospital that uses state-of-the-art technology, serving their growing and diverse community since 1912. The Leapfrog Group has given this hospital a safety score of straight A’s since 2012 and iVantage named it a “Top 100 Hospital” with their Healthstrong Award.
Located in Northern Virginia near Washington D.C., the area of Leesburg is rich in historical attractions, traditions, recreational opportunities, and lots of things to do that will engage outdoor enthusiasts, foodies, and history bluffs alike. Visit the Air and Space Museum or stroll through historic sites including Morven Park and Oatlands Plantation. Ignite your culinary sense by touring wineries, breweries, and distilleries, or explore the great outdoors with white water rafting or cycling. The possibilities are endless!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a X-Ray Tech at GIFTED? We do!