Ultrasound Tech – Ultrasound Tech job in Hattiesburg, MS
Ultrasound Technician (Ultrasound Tech) Travel Job
Ultrasound Technician Ultrasound Tech Responsibilities:
- Ultrasound Tech performs all requested clinical assessments and diagnostic sonography examinations as ordered by the attending physician.
- Use cognitive sonographic skills to identify, record, and adapt procedures as appropriate to anatomical, pathological, diagnostic information, and images.
- Ultrasound Tech uses independent judgment during the sonographic exam to accurately differentiate between normal and pathologic findings.
- Ultrasound Tech analyzes and synthesizes sonographic information and medical history and communicates findings to the appropriate physician.
- Coordinate work schedule with Departmental Director and/or scheduling desk to assure workload coverage.
- Assume responsibility for the safety and mental and physical comfort of patients while they are in the sonographer’s care.
- Echo Technologist assists with the daily operations of the sonographic laboratory and participates in the maintenance of laboratory accreditation.
- Maintain a daily log of patients seen and completes exam billing forms.
- Ultrasound Tech prepares preliminary reports and contacts referring physicians when required, according to established procedures.
- Coordinate with other staff to assure appropriate patient care is provided.
- Ultrasound Tech addresses problems of patient care as they arise and makes decisions to appropriately resolve the issue.
- Organize daily work schedule and performs related clerical duties as required.
- Report equipment failures to the appropriate supervisor or staff member.
- Ultrasound Tech shows compassion, courtesy, and friendliness without judgment and demonstrates a respect for privacy.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 211-bed facility is located on a beautiful 85-acre healthcare campus in west Hattiesburg. It has been recognized repeatedly by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures for their performance in the 4 primary categories of heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia, and surgical care for five years in a row. It is also the first and only Accredited Chest Pain Center in the Pine Belt area and the only hospital accredited for Heart Failure care in the area. This facility is dedicated to providing high quality medical services and personal, compassionate Christian care.
Most notably known for its hospitality, Hattiesburg, MS is the perfect place to experience the culture of the south. Home to The University of Southern Mississippi, Hattiesburg flourishes in cultural opportunities and special events. The historic Downtown District features architectural gems such as the historic Saenger Theater and the Hattiesburg historic Train Depot. There are also many unique shops, galleries and plenty of opportunities for exquisite local dining.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Ultrasound Tech at GIFTED? We do!