Sterile Processing Tech - Sterile Processing Tech Job in Gainesville, GA
Sterile Processing Tech (SPD Tech) Travel JobSterile Processing Techs, or SPD Techs, are responsible for the decontamination, cleaning, processing, and sterilization of supplies and equipment. As an SPD Tech, your role will be to ensure client satisfaction while also adhering to the highest quality and compliance standards. You’ll prepare surgical trays and supplies in a safe and cost-effective manner using established policies and procedures. Our preferred Sterile Processing Tech SPD Tech candidate takes pride in maintaining a clean and organized facility and works well as part of a team.
Sterile Processing Technician SPD Tech Responsibilities:
- Clean, decontaminate, and sterilize general and specialty surgical instruments, power equipment, and endoscopes in accordance with Manufacturer’s Instructions For Use (MIFU).
- Sterile Processing Tech provides supplies as needed for surgical procedures.
- Inspect, package, and reassemble surgical instruments and trays according to established priority.
- SPD Tech manages quality control testing and monitors the sterilization of equipment, maintaining the records, preparation, and dispatch of surgical cases.
- Supply and Equipment Tech must practice High Level Disinfection, Pre-Vacuum Sterilization, Gravity Displacement Sterilization, and Hydrogen Peroxide Plasma Sterilization techniques in accordance with MIFUs.
- Assure that the standards of operation of the department comply with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies.
- SPD Tech dispenses products requested by verbal, written, or telephone requisitions for equipment and supplies.
- Replace lost or damaged instruments as required to complete the tray.
- Sterile Processing Tech obtains, completes, and submits all forms to verify appropriate work assignments.
- Sterile Processing Tech must have knowledge of surgical instrumentation and the ability to assemble surgical trays with a count sheet.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger, not-for-profit, community health system, dedicated to improving the health and quality of life of the people of Northeast Georgia. It offers a full range of healthcare services and was rated as Georgia’s #1 Hospital (according to CareChex), the #2 Hospital in the Nation and among only twenty large community hospitals named to Truven Healthcare’s list of the nation’s 100 Top Hospitals.
Nicknamed the “Queen City of the Mountains” Gainesville, GA is located 52 miles’ northeast of Atlanta, on the shore of Lake Lanier. Lake Sidney Lanier offers many recreational opportunities on your day off or after a long shift, including canoe and kayak rentals at the Olympic Venue! Be sure to take a stroll through Downtown Gainesville, located in the heart of the city. It is where you can explore unique boutiques, live music, vendors, and local restaurants. Arts fans have plenty of attractions to choose from, the Gainesville Ballet, the Gainesville Symphony, the Smithgall Arts Center, or the art galleries at Gainesville State College, just to name a few. With varied cultural opportunities, Blue Ridge Mountains, lakes, parks, and the short distance to Atlanta, Gainesville is one of Georgia’s most favorably located cities.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Sterile Processing Tech, at GIFTED? We do!