Registered Nurse - PCU Job in Carbondale, IL
Progressive Care Unit/PCU Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobProgressive Care Unit (PCU) Registered Nurses care for patients requiring close monitoring and frequent assessment.
Progressive Care Unit/PCU RN Responsibilities:
- PCU Registered Nurses care for patients who need close monitoring and frequent assessment, but who aren't unstable enough to require ICU care.
- The PCU RN uses computer equipment to monitor cardiac and other vital information and detect any changes, thereby enabling intervention of life-threatening or emergency situations.
- Close observation is necessary as many PCU patients receive a significant amount of complex medications, sometimes through an intravenous line that may need to be adjusted or titrated.
- The PCU RN is sometimes also called a step-down nurse, telemetry nurse, cardiac stepdown, medical stepdown, neuro stepdown, surgical stepdown and ER holding.
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is the flagship hospital for a not-for-profit, healthcare system that is dedicated to the well-being and health of all the people in Illinois that it serves. This hospital has 140-beds, and is Southern Illinois’ largest and most spacious birthing center with a Level II Plus Special Care Nursery. It is the only dedicated pediatric unit in the region and is accredited by the Commission on Cancer for comprehensive cancer treatment.
Herrin-Carbondale-Marion is the area that makes up Williamson County in Southern Illinois. This area is a great destination for high-quality outdoor recreation, sporting events, cultural attractions, family entertainment, and hospitality. Catch a minor-league baseball game at Rent One Park, home to the Southern Illinois Miners, where you can experience an outstanding baseball experience that ends with a remarkable firework show! Or check out the state-of-the-art Marion Cultural and Civic Center, located in the heart of downtown Marion, which hosts some of the best theatres and concerts in the region. If you like to decompress after a long shift or on your day off in the beautiful outdoors, then this is your town! With over 10 parks and public swimming pools you can hike, bike, jog, camp, or boat. This area is also a gateway to a host of vineyards and wineries. Spend a day exploring the area and experiencing this delightfully authentic wine culture.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!