Registered Nurse - Oncol Job in Lake Charles, LA
Oncology/Onc Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobOncology (Onc) nurses supervise and provide nursing care to cancer patients.
Oncology/Onc RN Responsibilities:
- Oncology Registered Nurses integrate their technical skills, scientific knowledge, and caring attitude to aid those living with cancer, including their families – starting from diagnosis, treatment, and then survivor-ship to end-of-life care.
- The Oncology RN reviews health history
- Assess and monitor physical and emotional status
- Keep track of laboratory, pathology and imaging studies
- Safely administer medications, fluids and cancer treatments (e.g., chemotherapy)
- Collaborate with doctors and other clinicians about treatment plans. Create individualized care plans on patients under their supervision and care.
- Help patients to understand the disease, proposed treatment plan and possible side effects.
- Educate patients and the families regarding treatment expectations.
- Help patients plan for and manage symptoms throughout treatment
- Help translate complex medical terminology and answer questions
- Communicate with doctors on behalf of the patient
- Recognize and treat cancer-related issues.
- Participate in research to enhance treatment protocols assigned to cancer patients.
- Give supportive resources to both the patient and the families to promote positive outlook.
- Watch and record the patient’s progress on a constant basis.
- Chart the patient’s response to treatment and medication.
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger health care system and is recognized as the region’s largest family-centered medical complex, serving the needs of Southwest Louisiana for over 60 years! This main campus consists of 314 licensed acute care beds and provides the largest array of specialty and emergency services in the community. It is a member of the Voluntary Hospitals of America and is fully licensed by the Joint Commission on Accreditation of Healthcare Organizations. The Cancer Center was also the recipient of the Outstanding Achievement Award by the American College of Surgeons’(ACS) Commission on Cancer (CoC).
Lake Charles, LA is often referred to as Southwest Louisiana and is a thriving destination that caters to many. This area offers everything from flashy casinos and award-winning golf courses to hunting and fishing adventures and over 75 festivals, ranging from the area’s family friendly Mardi Gras to the Contraband Days Pirate Festival. Performing arts are flourishing in Lake Charles, with theatre and musical groups, including the Lake Charles Symphony. There are multiple museums to explore the history and culture of Lake Charles, including the Mardi Gras Museum, which houses the largest display of Mardi Gras costumes in the world. In South Louisiana is where you can taste world-famous Cajun and Creole cuisine. Take a drive along the Creole Nature Trail All-American Road, which is alive with wildlife, including alligators, birds and three wildlife refuges. The nightlife scene in Lake Charles is also booming with headlining entertainment and excellent amenities at the area’s casino resorts.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!