Registered Nurse - MICU Job in Harlingen, TX
Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobAs an MICU RN, you will have the privilege of providing direct nursing care to the patients we serve.
Medical Intensive Care Unit/MICU RN Responsibilities:
- Medical Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional MICU nurses have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- The multidisciplinary staff is highly collaborative and supportive, working together to achieve the best patient outcomes possible.
- The Medical Intensive Care Unit provides care to the critically ill with conditions related to: Lung problems, Kidney problems, Liver problems, Gastrointestinal problems, Diseases of the blood, Cancer problems and Blood infections
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!