Registered Nurse - MedSurg Job in Gallup, NM
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Enjoy excellent nurse patient ratios at this 99-bed hospital, providing a variety of clinical specialties, including Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Anesthesia, OB/GYN, General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, ENT, Radiology, Pathology, Pediatrics, Psychiatry, Emergency Medicine, and Urology.
Known as the Indian Capital of the World, modern Gallup features a diverse culture with a significant portion of the local population being Native American. The predominant local tribes are Navajo, Hopi, and Zuni. Gallup is home to many of the finest tribal artists in the U.S., practicing their talents in jewelry, weaving, pottery, painting, sculpture, and other artistic endeavors. Spend you free time taking a hot air balloon ride or visiting the local flea markets.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!