Registered Nurse - MedSurg Job in Pikeville, KY
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 300-bed facility has been dedicated to providing quality care in Kentucky for over 91 years. It offers more than 400 services, including every major specialty and most subspecialties. In December 2016 this facility earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advance Certification for Primary Stroke Centers.
Recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Pikeville, KY is surrounded by towering mountains with lush greenery that provides remarkable views throughout the entire year. Explore the natural beauty of this area by boating, skiing, hiking, fishing, zip-lining and more. Main Street is the heart and soul of the town, check out historic tours, local shopping, dining, heritage tours and much more. Discover the Pikeville Cut-Thru, called the “eighth wonder of the world” by The New York Times, and is the second largest earth removal project in U.S. History. It is a three-quarter-mile-long channel through Peach Orchard Mountain, providing a path for railroad tracks and highways. Be sure to attend the Hillbilly Days, the national festival that occurs the third weekend in April, drawing 100,000 people to this city for a three-day festival full of food and fun!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!