Registered Nurse - MedSurg Job in Overland Park, KS
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
With four medical office buildings, two pharmacies and the offices of more than 100 physicians, this hospital has been serving the healthcare needs of the Kansas City metro area and the surrounding counties since December of 1978. This hospital is a licensed 343-bed facility offering acute medical care services and features a nationally accredited Level II Trauma Center, Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit, and a Pediatric Intensive Care Unit.
Overland Park, MO is a suburb of Kansas City. Kansas City, MO offers a variety of attractions and is known for its barbecue, jazz heritage and fountains. One of the most popular places to dine, shop, movie watch or simply walk around is the Country Club Plaza. This outdoor shopping district is full of chain and high-end retail stores, but the biggest appeal is the Spanish-style fountains and the beautiful architecture. In Westport, a popular neighborhood where people flock to enjoy local shopping, dining and a night on the town, you maneuver on foot to get a feel for the native businesses and culture of this diverse area. Take a trip back in time and visit the Arabia Steamboat Museum and the National World War I Museum. If you want to experience the outdoor recreation of Kansas City, there is over 220 parks, 29 lakes, and 100+ miles of trails and bikeways to explore. Scenic boulevards and parkways are all throughout the city, constantly reminding you of the beauty that Kansas City has to offer.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!