Registered Nurse - MedSurg Job in Macon, GA
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 637-bed, teaching facility serves over 30 counties across Central and South Georgia. With over 600 physicians and almost 5,000 employees, this hospital is the second largest hospital in Georgia. This facility has a Level I Trauma Center, a perinatal center, an Emergency Center, and has been awarded with Magus status twice for nursing excellence. This hospital’s services include medical-surgical, obstetric, pediatric, psychiatric, and specialized individual intensive care units for neurology, pediatric, neonatal, surgical trauma, cardiac and cardiac surgery.
Rich in history, stunning architecture, lovely Southern charm, and a soulful musical heritage make Macon, GA a top destination. Outdoor enthusiasts, head to Ocmulgee Heritage Trail, Park & River to hike, run, bike, fish, or just enjoy the beauty of nature. Macon is the “Cherry Blossom Capital of the World”, per U.S. Congress, and annually holds the International Cherry Blossom Festival every March. This festival includes parades, concerts, food, rides, and entertainment. Macon is home to many amazing museums, some of the most popular include The Big House, The Allman Brothers Band museum, and the Museum of Arts and Sciences, featuring fine-arts & science galleries, interactive exhibits, a minizoo, and a planetarium. After a long shift check out The Hummingbird Stage & Taproom, a venue on historic Cherry Street that welcomes local and national bands, has an outdoor patio and an award-winning kitchen.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!