Registered Nurse - MedSurg Job in Tampa, FL
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 1,010-bed, not-for-profit hospital prides itself as being one of the most comprehensive medical facilities in Florida. This hospital is one of the leading organ transplant centers in the country and is a nationally certified stroke center. Other medical services include cardiovascular, orthopedics, urology, ENT, neurology, gastronomy, and more! This facility is home to the area’s only Level I trauma center and is one of the three burn centers in Florida.
Tampa is located on Florida’s Gulf Coast and is a cultural destination where you can have your choice of museums, activities and famous attractions. The famous Busch Gardens Tampa is fun for everyone and definitely take time to check out the historic Ybor City neighborhood, where you can enjoy delicious Cuban food. Stroll along the Riverwalk past parks, hotels and restaurants, or take a tour through the history of Tampa by exploring the Tampa Museum of Art, the Tampa Bay History Center, or the Florida Museum of Photographic Arts. Be sure to check out how Tampa loves their animals; choose from the Lowry Park Zoo, Tampa Electric Manatee Viewing Center, or the Big Cat Rescue animal sanctuary.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!