Registered Nurse - MedSurg Job in Dothan, AL
Medical Surgical/ MED-SURG/MS Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobMed-Surge Registered Nurses provide care for patients before and after surgical procedures, in addition to caring for patients being treated with pharmaceuticals to manage illness. It is imperative that Med-Surge RNs be proficient in caring for a variety of health conditions.
Medical Surgical/MED-SURG RN Responsibilities:
- The Med-Surg RN provides bedside care for a variety of patients
- He or she develops individualized patient assessments and an individualized plan of care accordingly
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Monitors, interprets, and records electronic displays
- Initiates alternative action when adverse symptomology is displayed
- Medical Surgical nurses often change dressings, insert catheters, start IVs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Exhibits understanding and utilization of universal precautions, asepsis and infection control procedures
- Records all care information accurately and completely
- Provides support to patient and family members
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
The medical center is a general medical and surgical hospital complete with 420 beds. The facility is a not-for-profit community health system dedicated to serving those living in the region surrounding it. Focused on providing quality healthcare to each patient, the medical center is constantly evolving to include the newest technologies and practices. Over 90% of the medical staff at the hospital is board-certified compared to the 60% national average. The facility is regarded as a top hospital in terms of providing the best diagnostic, clinical, surgical, and overall patient care in the region. With a variety of services form neurology to stroke care and diabetes treatment to urology care, the hospital is a complete care facility.
Only 20 miles away from the Georgia State boarder, Dothan is a small town in the southeast corner of Alabama. For a true old town experience, check out the Antique Attic which is filled with some of the most beautiful old artifacts from collectors themselves. For something a little more exciting, Adventureland and Water World are two fun ways to spend a day off. The city is also home to some interesting art museums and a colorful botanical garden. The town of Dothan has a little something for everyone.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!