Registered Nurse - ICU Job in Carbondale, IL
ICU/ Critical Care/ Intensive Care Unit Registered Nurse (RN) Travel JobAs an ICU/CCU RN, you will have the privilege of providing direct nursing care to the patients we serve.
Critical Care/ICU/ CCU RN Responsibilities:
- Critical Care Registered Nurses must be proficient in a wide variety of high-level nursing skills. Exceptional Critical Care RNs have strong interpersonal communication, leadership, and critical thinking
- Assessing a patient’s condition and planning and implementing patient care plans
- Assisting physicians in performing procedures
- Observing and recording vital signs
- Evaluating and ordering diagnostic tests
- Monitor the patients well-being, both emotional and physical
- Collaborates with members of the critical care team
- Administers intravenous fluids and medications
- Responds to life threatening situations using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Treats wounds and provides advanced life support
- Ensured ventilators, monitors, and other types of medical equipment function properly
- Acts as patient advocate
- Provides education and support to patient families
- The Critical Care RN performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is the flagship hospital for a not-for-profit, healthcare system that is dedicated to the well-being and health of all the people in Illinois that it serves. This hospital has 140-beds, and is Southern Illinois’ largest and most spacious birthing center with a Level II Plus Special Care Nursery. It is the only dedicated pediatric unit in the region and is accredited by the Commission on Cancer for comprehensive cancer treatment.
Herrin-Carbondale-Marion is the area that makes up Williamson County in Southern Illinois. This area is a great destination for high-quality outdoor recreation, sporting events, cultural attractions, family entertainment, and hospitality. Catch a minor-league baseball game at Rent One Park, home to the Southern Illinois Miners, where you can experience an outstanding baseball experience that ends with a remarkable firework show! Or check out the state-of-the-art Marion Cultural and Civic Center, located in the heart of downtown Marion, which hosts some of the best theatres and concerts in the region. If you like to decompress after a long shift or on your day off in the beautiful outdoors, then this is your town! With over 10 parks and public swimming pools you can hike, bike, jog, camp, or boat. This area is also a gateway to a host of vineyards and wineries. Spend a day exploring the area and experiencing this delightfully authentic wine culture.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!