Registered Nurse - ER Job in Albuquerque, NM
Emergency Room (ER/ED) Registered Nurse Travel JobEmergency Room nurses provide care for patients with various types if illness or trauma requiring emergency attention. The ER RN must be able to recognize and treat life-threatening conditions.
Emergency Room/ ER/ ED RN Responsibilities:
- The Emergency Room Registered Nurse records present symptomology, as well as a thorough patient history. He or she assesses, plans, implements, and evaluates patient care plans in coordination with other healthcare team members
- Manages care of patients experiencing life threatening problems
- Performs triage interventions
- The ED RN Manages basic life support needs and stabilizes patients until physician is available, based upon nursing standards and protocol
- Records patient’s vital signs
- Works with physicians to assist in exams, diagnostic testing, and treatments
- Provides IV therapies
- Treats wounds
- ER RN’s provide exceptional bedside care
- Prepare, administer, and records prescribed medications
- The Emergency Department Registered Nurse reports adverse reactions to medications or treatments
- It is the responsibility of the ED RN to report suspected abuse to appropriate agencies
- Initiates patient education plan as prescribed
- Performs other position related duties as assigned
- Provides education and support to patient family members
- Assesses on an ongoing basis, the patient’s physical and emotional wellbeing
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital provides care for more than 200,000 patients each year and their hospitals play an important role in the community based health research in New Mexico. At this facility, you’ll find the states only Level 1 trauma center, it’s only national Cancer Institute- designated cancer center, a stroke and neuro-trauma service, a burn center, a pediatric cardiothoracic program, as well as bariatric and orthopedic programs. The Health System allows everyone from children to senior citizens to enjoy and benefit from behavioral health programs to integrative medic and spiritual care. Their mission is simply to care not only for you and your loved ones, but all across New Mexico.
Cobblestone streets and adobe walls encompass the city of Albuquerque, rich in Native American and Spanish culture. Be sure to check out Old Town, the city’s epicenter, which is a 10-block neighborhood that is a living tribute to its heritage. Explore Southwestern art galleries housed in ancient adobe structures and take a tour through the stunning Church of San Felipe de Neri, the city’s oldest building. In the first week of October Albuquerque hosts the International Balloon Fiesta, where for an entire week the sky fills with almost 600 brightly colored balloons. There is also much to discover in the outdoors with the Rio Grande River running through the city, there are endless amounts of trails, parks, and nearby Sandia Mountains to explore.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a RN, at GIFTED? We do!