Medical Laboratory Technician - Laboratory Job in Atlanta, GA
Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) Travel JobThe Medical Laboratory Technologist (MLT) maintains current professional knowledge and skills to perform testing as a generalist, including chemistry, hematology, coagulation, urinalysis, serology, and basic microbiology and blood banking. Responsible for producing high quality, accurate test results in an efficient manner consistent with laboratory and hospital policy. The Medical Laboratory Technician is responsible for performing various routine or special clinical laboratory tests in one or more sections of the laboratory using automated equipment, manual testing, and microscopic analysis to obtain data for use in diagnosis and treatment of disease.
Medical Laboratory Technologist Responsibilities:
- Performs manual WBC (White Blood Count) differentials and red cell morphology tests.
- Medical Laboratory Tech analyzes the tests that have been performed and provides relevant results that may pertain in diagnosis, prevention, and treatment of diseases.
- Perform and assist with all assigned qualitative and quantitative chemical tests on patient blood and body fluids (inclusive of, but not limited to, chemical, endocrinological, toxicological, immunological, and other analytes as required).
- MLT sorts, spins, and separates specimens for analysis.
- Complete all required documentation and perform all required quality assurance/CQI procedures. Log, enter, verify, and validate all requisite data in computerized clinical system or on manual records. Record and report abnormal findings ("critical values") to supervisor(s) and respective clinical providers and units.
- MLT maintains records of patient test results, quality control, and management.
- Performs ongoing daily quality assurance/CQI functions in accordance with established policies and procedures to ensure safety, environmental, and infection control and compliance with requirements of accreditation and regulatory agencies.
- Medical Lab Tech understands principles involved in test reactions and understands laboratory procedures.
- Perform and document quality control procedures for each test performed; documents all quality control failures and corrective action taken.
- Provide technical guidance to non-certified personnel.
- MLT performs preventative maintenance, troubleshooting, and solves problems or determines alternative solutions for analysis if needed and reports all deviations from established procedure to the Coordinator. Investigates testing problems/errors and informs Department Coordinator of all irregularities, errors of instrument failure, and measures taken to solve problem.
- Check the blood group and blood type and help in successful blood transfusion for patients suffering from severe diseases.
- Monitor and maintain all equipment and ensure that required chemicals and infrastructure are available in the laboratories.
- Medical Laboratory Technician receives, labels, and processes patient specimens, entering requisite information into section computerized system in accordance with set procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of the region’s most comprehensive academic healthcare system, this hospital is one of the nation’s leading hospitals in cardiology and heart surgery, cancer, neurology, and more. It is a 550-bed general medical and surgical facility that has been ranked by U.S. News & World Report as the number one hospital in metro Atlanta and Georgia. It is the first hospital in the country to offer a precise surgical procedure for treating Parkinson’s disease.
As the 9th largest metropolitan city in the United States, Atlanta, GA, is full of endless amounts of things to do. There are many attractions to explore such as the Georgia Aquarium, the world’s largest aquarium, the World of Coca-Cola, the museum showcasing the popular soft drink and its history, or the Centennial Olympic Park, home of the 1996 Olympics. Atlanta is also a culinary hot spot, offering everything from the Atlanta Food Truck Park and Market to farm-to-table eateries to the biggest drive-thru restaurant in the world, The Varsity. Atlanta also offers sports’ lovers six iconic teams to follow including the Atlanta Falcons and the Braves. One of Atlanta’s best-known attributes is its shopping scene, consisting of everything from the newest fashion trends to vintage wares for your home.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a MLT, at GIFTED? We do!