Echo Tech - Echocardiography Job in Carmichael, CA
Echocardiograph Technician (Echo Tech) Travel JobEchocardiography Technicians operate complex medical equipment that produce real-time images of the heart. These images help physicians diagnose heart diseases. As an Echo Tech, you’ll create images of the heart, cardiac chambers, valves, and vessels for the purpose of assessing heart function and diagnosing heart ailments. Echo Sonographers consult with the attending Echocardiologists as needed.
Echocardiography Technician Echo Tech Responsibilities:
- Perform examinations, recognizing the significance of all structures that are always visualized, and differentiate artifacts from appropriate images, recognizing the limitations of equipment and utilizing knowledge of anatomy and physiology.
- Echo Tech operates ultrasound equipment using a variety of possible techniques, including M-mode, 2-dimensional, pulsed Doppler, and continuous wave Doppler flow mapping where appropriate.
- Echo Tech performs quantitative measurements and calculations of Doppler recordings, 2-dimensional or 3-dimensional images.
- Independently perform complex adult and pediatric cardiac ultrasound examinations, including transthoracic and stress echocardiograms, using the most appropriate mode of imaging for the situation.
- Echocardiography Technician utilizes both color flow and spectral Doppler to accurately evaluate simple valvar obstruction and intracardiac shunts.
- Assist physician during transesophageal echocardiographic exams, dobutamine stress echocardiographic exams, and stress echocardiographic exams.
- Echo Tech performs emergency examinations in the department, intensive care units, nursing units, emergency room, cardiac Cath lab, and operating rooms.
- Review the patient’s medical record and establish a pre-diagnosis for each patient based on their history and the reason for the test as stated on the requisition.
- Prepare the patient for the procedure and explain the procedure to them in a calm and clear manner and at an appropriate level for each patient.
- Echo Tech places ECG leads in appropriate positions for systolic timing during echocardiographic examinations.
- Analyze and problem solve, taking into consideration a wide variety of variables to come to a logical and accurate conclusion.
- Echo Tech monitors and identifies patient care needs and responds appropriately.
- Perform routine cleaning and quality checks on echocardiography equipment and ensures all machines are in good working order.
- Echocardiography Tech calculates complex formulas involving ratios and percentages using the metric system.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Echo Tech, at GIFTED? We do!