Certified Surgical Technologist - Certified Surgical Tech Job in Lafayette, LA
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Travel JobCertified Surgical Technicians CST scrub in on orthopedic, spine, urology, and pain management cases. CSTs must work well with other health team members to achieve total patient care. Our preferred Certified Surgical Tech candidate is well-organized and good at anticipating the surgeon’s needs.
Certified Surgical Tech (CST) Responsibilities:
- Ensure the presence of all instruments, equipment, and supplies necessary for procedures; inspect instruments to ensure all required items are available.
- CST performs surgical scrub technique and gown and glove procedure for self and surgical team; maintains a sterile field and take immediate action to correct any breaks in technique.
- Perform specimen reconciliation and care for and identify specimens.
- Certified Surgical Technician assists with procedure room turnovers and close-of-day activities.
- Transfer specimens to pathology for pickup.
- CST documents patient-care records and other forms according to facility policies and procedures.
- Assist the physician and occasionally an RN during diagnostic and therapeutic procedures.
- CST cleans clinical area before and after procedures and properly dispose of contaminated supplies and equipment.
- Provide and maintain a safe environment for the patient and staff by complying with facility requirements and safety standards.
- CST assists in the transport and positioning of patients when necessary.
- Certified Surgical Tech washes, assembles, sterilizes, and stores instruments and supplies, and ensures they are functional and sterile.
- Maintain a clean and orderly instrument/equipment processing area (e.g., inventory, shelves, counters, equipment), determine whether each item is in good working condition, and check equipment indicators for proper functions.
- CST assists circulating nurse in obtaining supplies, equipment, and opening rooms, as necessary.
- CST leak tests scope after every procedure and inspects instruments/equipment for damage and defects.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This well-known 365-bed teaching hospital in Acadiana is the largest full-service healthcare facility in the area, and is a designated Level II Trauma Center and Magnet recognized hospital. It includes two Centers of Excellence for Minimally Invasive Gynecology and Neuroscience and is also an accredited Cancer Center, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery, and an Advanced Certified Primary Stroke Center. The hospital has a 32-bed ICU and their 25-bed Level III NICU provides an experienced, caring staff for both mother and baby. The hospital’s Womens and Childrens Services Department was recently renovated to offer comfortable, family-centered care. The hospital was awarded two grants from Susan G. Komen Acadiana supporting screenings, mammograms, education, and navigation services for uninsured and underinsured patients.
Lafayette Louisiana is the unofficial capital of Acadiana, or Cajun County, and is the center for great Cajun cuisine and Zydeco. Home of the University of Lafayette, this college town is known for live music, because in Lafayette, dancing is an integral part of life. Numerous restaurants and dance halls thrive in the area and the city hosts several music and food festivals throughout the year. Lafayette even has their own special Mardi Gras Celebration! Take a 30 minute drive to Avery Island and tour where the world famous Tabasco Hot Sauce is made. There is a regional airport conveniently located in Lafayette as well.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a CST, at GIFTED? We do!