Cath Lab Technician - Cath Lab Job in Pomona, CA
Cardiac Catheterization Technologist (Cath Lab Tech) Travel JobCatheterization Laboratory Technologists are vital team members who assist doctors during invasive cardiovascular procedures such as angioplasty, cardiac catheterization, and electrophysiology. They spend most of their working time in procedures that may become high stress situations due to complications that may arise. Cath Lab Techs are also responsible, under the general supervision of a physician, for maintaining a therapeutic environment for patients.
Cardiac Catheterization Technologist (Cath Lab Tech) Responsibilities:
- Cath Lab Tech prepares and positions patients for invasive heart procedures, including cleaning, shaving, and anesthetizing the area of insertion when required.
- Assist with the performance of diagnostic and interventional cardiac catheterizations and other related procedures.
- Cath Lab Tech sets up sterile trays for procedures, scrub patients, and act as scrub assistant during catheterization.
- Assist with CPR and defibrillation during emergency situations.
- Cath Lab Tech operates physiologic monitoring recorders and monitors gauges, recorders, and video screens during imaging.
- Assist with instrument sterilization and radiographic equipment positioning.
- Catheterization Laboratory Tech assists physicians with patient monitoring during surgery or procedures, including monitoring EKG readouts, and keeps the doctor apprised of anything considered abnormal.
- Catheterization Technologist documents evaluation results, progress reports, treatment plans, and other data using appropriate formats and systems.
- Catheterization Lab Tech ensures EKG equipment is in working order prior to a procedure.
- Explain procedures to patients and families.
- Catheterization Lab Technician prepares reports of diagnostic procedures for interpretation by physician.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a nurse for this position and earn up to $1500 referral bonus when he/she completes a minimum of 8-week assignment. Refer a nurse for a PRN position, and earn $250 once he/she completes three shifts.
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 437-bed, fully accredited, acute care facility is a not-for-profit organization and has been nationally recognized for several different areas and specialties. The facility is home to four different centers of excellence and also has a full-service emergency department in addition to several specialty services including sleep disorder diagnosis and treatment, robotic surgery, and the family medicine residency program. The hospital has been recognized time and time again for outstanding work and high quality, compassionate care programs, making it one of the top ranked hospitals in the United States.
Located in Los Angeles county, Pomona is nestled in the Pomona Valley between the Inland Empire and the San Gabriel Valley. Recognized as an urban area of Los Angeles County, Pomona offers large amounts of sunshine year round alongside a warm Mediterranean climate. With very little to no rain during the summer and comfortable winter temperatures, there is plenty of time to engage in outdoor activities or enjoy the happening and exciting downtown areas. Spend time at the Pomona Art Walk, which takes place on the 2nd Saturday of every month or enjoy taking in one of the many beautiful museums that the city has to offer. From amazing brewing companies to outdoor farmer’s markets, Pomona has something that everyone will enjoy. Take a day during the winter season to drive only 16 miles and enjoy an ice-cold weekend getaway in San Antonio Canyon of Angeles National Forest.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCAREGIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Cath Lab Tech, at GIFTED? We do!