Sterile Processing Tech – Sterile Processing Tech job in Port Matilda, PA
Sterile Processing Tech (SPD Tech) Travel Job
Sterile Processing Technician SPD Tech Responsibilities:
- Clean, decontaminate, and sterilize general and specialty surgical instruments, power equipment, and endoscopes in accordance with Manufacturer’s Instructions For Use (MIFU).
- Sterile Processing Tech provides supplies as needed for surgical procedures.
- Inspect, package, and reassemble surgical instruments and trays according to established priority.
- SPD Tech manages quality control testing and monitors the sterilization of equipment, maintaining the records, preparation, and dispatch of surgical cases.
- Supply and Equipment Tech must practice High Level Disinfection, Pre-Vacuum Sterilization, Gravity Displacement Sterilization, and Hydrogen Peroxide Plasma Sterilization techniques in accordance with MIFUs.
- Assure that the standards of operation of the department comply with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies.
- SPD Tech dispenses products requested by verbal, written, or telephone requisitions for equipment and supplies.
- Replace lost or damaged instruments as required to complete the tray.
- Sterile Processing Tech obtains, completes, and submits all forms to verify appropriate work assignments.
- Sterile Processing Tech must have knowledge of surgical instrumentation and the ability to assemble surgical trays with a count sheet.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger healthcare system that is widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models. With a focus on patient care and quality, this medical center offers comprehensive services to meet patients’ complex healthcare needs. This 72-bed community hospital provides a range of services from preventive medicine to full surgical care, obstetrics and maternity to geriatric services, and progressive emergency care, advanced imaging capabilities and a broad spectrum of surgical services including colonoscopy, joint replacement, and back and neck procedures.
Bloomsburg is located 40 miles southwest of Wilkes-Barre, PA. Wilkes-Barre is an outdoor enthusiasts’ paradise, located along the scenic Susquehanna River, kayaking, whitewater rafting, and hiking/ biking trails are just a few of the adventures to explore. This area is home to four state parks and numerous ski areas. Take in a minor-league Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game or watch the Railriders baseball team at PNC field. Wilkes-Barre loves the arts, offering a Third Friday Art Walk and two large galleries, the Marquis and the Sordoni. Downtown Wilkes-Barre is home to many dining options and small boutiques along Main Street.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Sterile Processing Tech at GIFTED? We do!