Sterile Processing Tech – Sterile Processing Tech job in Chicago, IL
Sterile Processing Tech (SPD Tech) Travel Job
Sterile Processing Technician SPD Tech Responsibilities:
- Clean, decontaminate, and sterilize general and specialty surgical instruments, power equipment, and endoscopes in accordance with Manufacturer’s Instructions For Use (MIFU).
- Sterile Processing Tech provides supplies as needed for surgical procedures.
- Inspect, package, and reassemble surgical instruments and trays according to established priority.
- SPD Tech manages quality control testing and monitors the sterilization of equipment, maintaining the records, preparation, and dispatch of surgical cases.
- Supply and Equipment Tech must practice High Level Disinfection, Pre-Vacuum Sterilization, Gravity Displacement Sterilization, and Hydrogen Peroxide Plasma Sterilization techniques in accordance with MIFUs.
- Assure that the standards of operation of the department comply with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies.
- SPD Tech dispenses products requested by verbal, written, or telephone requisitions for equipment and supplies.
- Replace lost or damaged instruments as required to complete the tray.
- Sterile Processing Tech obtains, completes, and submits all forms to verify appropriate work assignments.
- Sterile Processing Tech must have knowledge of surgical instrumentation and the ability to assemble surgical trays with a count sheet.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This academic medical center is in the heart of downtown Chicago with physicians, surgeons and caregivers in nearly every specialty providing world-class patient care. U.S. News & World Report ranked this hospital among the top 25 in the nation numerous categories and this facility has also earned Magnet recognition, the gold-standard for nursing excellence.
Chicago, IL is one of the greatest cities in America! It is the third-largest city in the United States and home of world-famous museums, outdoor public art and countless attractions. Discover the Shedd Aquarium, ride the Ferris Wheel at Navy Pier, catch a game at Wrigley Field, or check out a show at either the Second City comedy theater or The Chicago Theatre. Chicago is also where you can enjoy some of America’s best cuisine, including several of the “Top 100 Restaurants” in the country. One of the most popular attractions is the Magnificent Mile, it is the cosmopolitan, history-packed section of Michigan Avenue offering extraordinary shopping, dining, and entertainment treasures.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Sterile Processing Tech at GIFTED? We do!