Sterile Processing Tech – Sterile Processing Tech job in Baton Rouge, LA
Sterile Processing Tech (SPD Tech) Travel Job
Sterile Processing Technician SPD Tech Responsibilities:
- Clean, decontaminate, and sterilize general and specialty surgical instruments, power equipment, and endoscopes in accordance with Manufacturer’s Instructions For Use (MIFU).
- Sterile Processing Tech provides supplies as needed for surgical procedures.
- Inspect, package, and reassemble surgical instruments and trays according to established priority.
- SPD Tech manages quality control testing and monitors the sterilization of equipment, maintaining the records, preparation, and dispatch of surgical cases.
- Supply and Equipment Tech must practice High Level Disinfection, Pre-Vacuum Sterilization, Gravity Displacement Sterilization, and Hydrogen Peroxide Plasma Sterilization techniques in accordance with MIFUs.
- Assure that the standards of operation of the department comply with the standards set by regulatory agencies, such as the state Department of Health, Joint Commission, and other regulatory agencies.
- SPD Tech dispenses products requested by verbal, written, or telephone requisitions for equipment and supplies.
- Replace lost or damaged instruments as required to complete the tray.
- Sterile Processing Tech obtains, completes, and submits all forms to verify appropriate work assignments.
- Sterile Processing Tech must have knowledge of surgical instrumentation and the ability to assemble surgical trays with a count sheet.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
As part of a larger mission driven health system, this 800 bed facility has provided state-of-the-art, patient centric care to the community for over 90-years. The hospital is widely and consistently recognized in the areas of trauma and emergency care, stroke, heart and vascular, cancer care, minimally invasive procedures, women’s care, and many more, including Hospital of the Year.
Exciting college town, Baton Rouge, LA, is located about 1 hour from New Orleans. From the Tin Roof Brewery to the Shaw Center for the Arts, there are activities for all travelers. Immerse yourself in the city’s history by touring Plantation Country, test your luck at the Belle of Baton Rouge Casino or enjoy a thrilling Louisiana State University baseball or famous football game at one of the largest college football stadiums in the nation.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Sterile Processing Tech at GIFTED? We do!