Registered Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory job in Pikeville, KY
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Travel Job
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Responsibilities:
- Monitor and wean Oxygen Therapy and artificial ventilation.
- CRT/RRT draws, analyzes, and reports Arterial Blood Gases and EKGs.
- Delivers intermittent therapy and assists with changing of artificial airways.
- Respiratory Therapist performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Operate, maintain, and repair respiratory equipment to ensure proper static functioning, cleanliness, and operation.
- CRT/RRT performs CPR and bag- mask ventilation.
- Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
- Respiratory Therapist performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity and monitors patients’ treatment.
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of patient care plans.
- CRT/RRT administers pulmonary static function tests for assessment of lung static function and draws blood and analyzes the oxygen, carbon dioxide, and Ph levels.
- Performs Endotracheal Intubations.
- Respiratory Therapist collects, reviews, and maintains a patient’s medical history and records
- Educate patients, families, physicians, nursing, and other members of the health care team on procedures and treatment plans.
- CRT/RRT assists physicians to perform special procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 300-bed facility has been dedicated to providing quality care in Kentucky for over 91 years. It offers more than 400 services, including every major specialty and most subspecialties. In December 2016 this facility earned The Joint Commission’s Gold Seal of Approval and the American Heart Association/American Stroke Association’s Heart-Check mark for Advance Certification for Primary Stroke Centers.
Recognized as one of the best small towns in America, Pikeville, KY is surrounded by towering mountains with lush greenery that provides remarkable views throughout the entire year. Explore the natural beauty of this area by boating, skiing, hiking, fishing, zip-lining and more. Main Street is the heart and soul of the town, check out historic tours, local shopping, dining, heritage tours and much more. Discover the Pikeville Cut-Thru, called the “eighth wonder of the world” by The New York Times, and is the second largest earth removal project in U.S. History. It is a three-quarter-mile-long channel through Peach Orchard Mountain, providing a path for railroad tracks and highways. Be sure to attend the Hillbilly Days, the national festival that occurs the third weekend in April, drawing 100,000 people to this city for a three-day festival full of food and fun!
Prescreening questions to ask all candidates:
•Why do you want to work at this hospital?
•Why Do you feel you are qualified for the job?
•How much supervision do you want or need?
•How would you describe your ideal job? Your ideal work environment?
•What do you think are the most challenging aspects of meeting patients’ needs?
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Respiratory Therapist at GIFTED? We do!