Registered Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory job in Ketchikan, AK
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Travel Job
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Responsibilities:
- Monitor and wean Oxygen Therapy and artificial ventilation.
- CRT/RRT draws, analyzes, and reports Arterial Blood Gases and EKGs.
- Delivers intermittent therapy and assists with changing of artificial airways.
- Respiratory Therapist performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Operate, maintain, and repair respiratory equipment to ensure proper static functioning, cleanliness, and operation.
- CRT/RRT performs CPR and bag- mask ventilation.
- Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
- Respiratory Therapist performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity and monitors patients’ treatment.
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of patient care plans.
- CRT/RRT administers pulmonary static function tests for assessment of lung static function and draws blood and analyzes the oxygen, carbon dioxide, and Ph levels.
- Performs Endotracheal Intubations.
- Respiratory Therapist collects, reviews, and maintains a patient’s medical history and records
- Educate patients, families, physicians, nursing, and other members of the health care team on procedures and treatment plans.
- CRT/RRT assists physicians to perform special procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This hospital is part of a larger healthcare system that is focused on providing a patient-centered healing environment with a strong focus on patient safety and clinical outcomes. It is a 25-bed, critical access and long-term care facility, providing inpatient, outpatient, home health services and a 29-bed long term care facility. As one of the more self-reliant small rural hospitals, it offers a multitude of medical services including an accredited cancer care program.
Whether you’re interested in Native Alaskan culture, the early pioneers who settled Southeast Alaska, local artists, shopping, fishing, or the great outdoors, you can find it all in Ketchikan, AK. The downtown area is easily walkable with historic buildings and shops featuring the work of local carvers, weavers, jewelry designers, painters, sculptors, photographers, writers, and more. Ketchikan is the “Salmon Capital of the World” and offers major attractions to check out in the area such as the Misty Fiords Nation Monument or the Tongass National Forest.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Respiratory Therapist at GIFTED? We do!