Registered Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory job in Indianapolis, IN
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Travel Job
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Responsibilities:
- Monitor and wean Oxygen Therapy and artificial ventilation.
- CRT/RRT draws, analyzes, and reports Arterial Blood Gases and EKGs.
- Delivers intermittent therapy and assists with changing of artificial airways.
- Respiratory Therapist performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Operate, maintain, and repair respiratory equipment to ensure proper static functioning, cleanliness, and operation.
- CRT/RRT performs CPR and bag- mask ventilation.
- Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
- Respiratory Therapist performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity and monitors patients’ treatment.
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of patient care plans.
- CRT/RRT administers pulmonary static function tests for assessment of lung static function and draws blood and analyzes the oxygen, carbon dioxide, and Ph levels.
- Performs Endotracheal Intubations.
- Respiratory Therapist collects, reviews, and maintains a patient’s medical history and records
- Educate patients, families, physicians, nursing, and other members of the health care team on procedures and treatment plans.
- CRT/RRT assists physicians to perform special procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This health care system includes Indiana’s most comprehensive academic health center and is one of the busiest hospital systems in the United States. There are 2,877 available beds in the entire healthcare system. It is a partner with the nation’s largest medical school and a global leader in medical education and research. Eight patient-care specialties at this medical center are nationally ranked in U.S. News & World Report’s 2016-2017 edition of the “America’s Best Hospitals.” It is also designated as a Magnet hospital system by the American Nurses Credentialing Center.
Indianapolis is the capital and the largest city in Indiana. This city is known as being family friendly because it is affordable, safe and the people are very friendly. There are lots to do and explore, be sure to check out the Central Canal, also called the Indy Canal Walk, which is a 3-mile loop that flows by attractions such as: Indiana State Museum, Victory Field, the Indianapolis Zoo and the 250-acre White Rive State Park. From here you can enjoy a remarkable view of the Indianapolis skyline, a 17-foot waterfall, some of the city’s best contemporary architecture, and memorials to the U.S.S. Indianapolis and Congressional Medal of Honor recipients. Indianapolis is also home to two pro sports teams to cheer on, including the Colts!
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Respiratory Therapist at GIFTED? We do!