Registered Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory job in Detroit, MI
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Travel Job
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Responsibilities:
- Monitor and wean Oxygen Therapy and artificial ventilation.
- CRT/RRT draws, analyzes, and reports Arterial Blood Gases and EKGs.
- Delivers intermittent therapy and assists with changing of artificial airways.
- Respiratory Therapist performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Operate, maintain, and repair respiratory equipment to ensure proper static functioning, cleanliness, and operation.
- CRT/RRT performs CPR and bag- mask ventilation.
- Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
- Respiratory Therapist performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity and monitors patients’ treatment.
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of patient care plans.
- CRT/RRT administers pulmonary static function tests for assessment of lung static function and draws blood and analyzes the oxygen, carbon dioxide, and Ph levels.
- Performs Endotracheal Intubations.
- Respiratory Therapist collects, reviews, and maintains a patient’s medical history and records
- Educate patients, families, physicians, nursing, and other members of the health care team on procedures and treatment plans.
- CRT/RRT assists physicians to perform special procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
Part of a network of more than 100 long-term acute care sites this 36-bed facility features lower than average staffing ratios. The specialized facility provides comprehensive, specialized long-term care for patients with acute or chronic respiratory disorders with the primary focus of weaning medically complex patients from mechanical ventilation and restoring independent breathing.
Services provided include pulmonary, ventilator weaning, wound care, cardiac/heart failure, medically-complex treatment, renal, neuro, post-trauma, and infectious disease. The clinical practice is guided by medical directors and chief nursing officers. This opportunity provides nurses a small, critical care environment with excellent patient care assignments.
Detroit is the largest city in the state of Michigan and is home to unique museums, scenic water views, fun activities, and excellent restaurants. The nightlife and theater scenes are eclectic and the streets are full of high energy with year-round festival. Some of the most fascinating places to explore are the Detroit Institute of Arts, featuring some of the best art collections in the country, the Riverfront, which is the hub of activity once the weather warms up, and the first factory owned by Ford, The Ford Piquette Ave Plant. There is no shortage of shopping in Detroit either, there is mega malls, walkable downtowns, upscale collections, and outlet centers. On Saturday mornings, Detroit’s Eastern Market is the place to be. It offers everything from farm fresh produce to fresh flowers to gourmet meats and cheeses, and is one of the few places people from all different parts of Detroit gather.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Respiratory Therapist at GIFTED? We do!