Registered Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory Per Diem job in Covington, LA
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Per Diem Job
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Responsibilities:
- Monitor and wean Oxygen Therapy and artificial ventilation.
- CRT/RRT draws, analyzes, and reports Arterial Blood Gases and EKGs.
- Delivers intermittent therapy and assists with changing of artificial airways.
- Respiratory Therapist performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Operate, maintain, and repair respiratory equipment to ensure proper static functioning, cleanliness, and operation.
- CRT/RRT performs CPR and bag- mask ventilation.
- Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
- Respiratory Therapist performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity and monitors patients’ treatment.
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of patient care plans.
- CRT/RRT administers pulmonary static function tests for assessment of lung static function and draws blood and analyzes the oxygen, carbon dioxide, and Ph levels.
- Performs Endotracheal Intubations.
- Respiratory Therapist collects, reviews, and maintains a patient’s medical history and records
- Educate patients, families, physicians, nursing, and other members of the health care team on procedures and treatment plans.
- CRT/RRT assists physicians to perform special procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Nurse owned and operated GIFTED Healthcare works with top-notch healthcare providers across the state of Louisiana – from major academic facilities to small rural community hospitals, boutique nursing homes to large LTAC facilities. GIFTED per diem nurses enjoy flexibility in scheduling, new location options, and unparalleled support from the GIFTED Nurse and Staffing teams. Per Diem work means more job options and facility choices for you, as well as higher hourly pay. Our GIFTED Healthcare offices in Louisiana also offer local contracts, for nurses who are interested in a longer term commitment with a guaranteed income.
Louisiana is a state with so much diversity that a short drive takes you to another world within the state’s borders. No place in America is better known for its music and food. Louisiana is the birthplace of jazz and is the home of Cajun and Zydeco music, Creole and Cajun food, and swamp tours. Louisiana also has more festivals than any other state and is the only place where you can enjoy Mardi Gras; which is celebrated throughout the entire state. Whatever your passion, you will find it in Louisiana.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Respiratory Therapist at GIFTED? We do!