Registered Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory job in Columbia, SC
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Travel Job
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Responsibilities:
- Monitor and wean Oxygen Therapy and artificial ventilation.
- CRT/RRT draws, analyzes, and reports Arterial Blood Gases and EKGs.
- Delivers intermittent therapy and assists with changing of artificial airways.
- Respiratory Therapist performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Operate, maintain, and repair respiratory equipment to ensure proper static functioning, cleanliness, and operation.
- CRT/RRT performs CPR and bag- mask ventilation.
- Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
- Respiratory Therapist performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity and monitors patients’ treatment.
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of patient care plans.
- CRT/RRT administers pulmonary static function tests for assessment of lung static function and draws blood and analyzes the oxygen, carbon dioxide, and Ph levels.
- Performs Endotracheal Intubations.
- Respiratory Therapist collects, reviews, and maintains a patient’s medical history and records
- Educate patients, families, physicians, nursing, and other members of the health care team on procedures and treatment plans.
- CRT/RRT assists physicians to perform special procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
The Children’s Emergency Center provides central South Carolina’s most technologically advanced pediatric emergency care.
This hospital is South Carolina’s first children’s hospital and has more than 150,000 children’s visits each year. The facility provides care in 30 subspecialties to meet the unique healthcare needs of children. The Children’s Emergency Center provides central South Carolina’s most technologically advanced pediatric emergency care. The children’s hospital has a team of highly skilled and trained experts which make this hospital the place to go for children’s medical care.
Columbia, SC offers several exciting and distinct shopping districts including a recently revitalized downtown with many new shops and restaurants. Stroll along Gervais Street in the Vista, State Street in West Columbia, Main Street downtown or through Five Points, where pubs, bars and restaurants bring everything from country and blues to rock, jazz and bluegrass to their visitors. Take a trip back in time in Historic Columbia with neighborhood tours and walk-through of historic homes and gardens. With so many trails, gardens and Lake Murray nearby, exploring outside in this beautiful town is a must. Kayakers, hikers and campers can also find fun at the Congaree National Park, just 20 miles outside the city.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Respiratory Therapist at GIFTED? We do!