Registered Respiratory Therapist – Respiratory job in Arcata, CA
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Travel Job
Respiratory Therapist (CRT/RRT) Responsibilities:
- Monitor and wean Oxygen Therapy and artificial ventilation.
- CRT/RRT draws, analyzes, and reports Arterial Blood Gases and EKGs.
- Delivers intermittent therapy and assists with changing of artificial airways.
- Respiratory Therapist performs routine and advanced therapeutic procedures according to established policy and procedure.
- Operate, maintain, and repair respiratory equipment to ensure proper static functioning, cleanliness, and operation.
- CRT/RRT performs CPR and bag- mask ventilation.
- Consult with physicians to develop patient treatment plans.
- Respiratory Therapist performs diagnostic tests such as measuring lung capacity and monitors patients’ treatment.
- Participate in the development and/or implementation of patient care plans.
- CRT/RRT administers pulmonary static function tests for assessment of lung static function and draws blood and analyzes the oxygen, carbon dioxide, and Ph levels.
- Performs Endotracheal Intubations.
- Respiratory Therapist collects, reviews, and maintains a patient’s medical history and records
- Educate patients, families, physicians, nursing, and other members of the health care team on procedures and treatment plans.
- CRT/RRT assists physicians to perform special procedures.
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This 78-bed, acute care medical facility is locally owned, independently operated, and committed to providing the best care to their patients. It offers a complete range of acute care inpatient services, including OB, emergency medicine, physical therapy, ICU, MedSurg and radiological services. This hospital is one of the first and one of very few hospitals to offer an on-site vegetable garden serving fresh produce to its patients and employees.
Arcata is a small university town on the north end of Humboldt Bay in California. It is the perfect place to relax and enjoy life the way it should be, enjoying fresh air and a beautiful natural environment. The pace of life is a bit calmer in Arcata and Humboldt County features rocky coasts, scenic rivers, sandy beaches and over 40 parks and preserves to explore. See the world’s largest trees in Redwood National & State Park or discover the birds and mammals at Humboldt Bay National Wildlife Refuge. Be sure to also check out the dozens of fine restaurants, coffee shops, art galleries, museums, antique stores, and one-of-a-kind shops in Old Town Eureka.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Respiratory Therapist at GIFTED? We do!