Registered Nurse – Tele job in Scranton, PA
Telemetry/Tele Registered Nurse (RN) Travel Job
Telemetry/Tele RN Responsibilities:
- Telemetry RNs consult with health care team members to assess, plan, implement and evaluate patient care plans
- Tele RNs often utilize machines that measure a patient’s heart rate, blood pressure, breathing rate, as well as blood oxygen levels and electrocardiogram information.
- Prepares, administers, and records prescribed medications, and reports adverse reaction to medications in accordance with policies
- Provides exceptional bedside care
- Records patient’s medical information and vital signs
- Prepares equipment and assists physician during examination and treatment of patient
- Identifies irregular telemetry readings and notifies of appropriate medical team member
- Monitors and adjusts specialized equipment used on patients and interprets electronic displays to help guide treatment
- Records all care information accurately and completely and in accordance with guidelines established for Registered Nurses
- The Telemetry nurse performs other position related duties as assigned
BENEFITS OF BEING GIFTED!
- Refer a Registered Nurse – You and your referral both get $500 with GIFTED’s Refer an RN Friend Program
- Flexible scheduling
- Premium pay
- Same Day or Weekly Pay
- Ability to work in premier facilities
- Access to Chief Nursing Officer 24-7
- Access to Social Worker 24-7
- Group Health insurance benefits:
- Medical Plan
- Dental Plan
- Vision Plan
- Short and Long Term Disability
- AD&D Insurance
Benefits of being a GIFTED TRAVEL NURSE
- Private housing and housing allowance
- Personal Career Coach
- Extremely competitive personalized pay package
This facility is part of a larger healthcare system that is widely recognized for its innovative use of the electronic health record and the development of innovative care delivery models. With a focus on patient care and quality, this medical center offers comprehensive services to meet patients’ complex healthcare needs. This community hospital has 248-beds, is an accredited Primary Stroke Center, and is the area’s only Level II Trauma Center. It is home to the award-winning Heart and Vascular Institute and the only hospital in Scranton to be certified as both a Heart Attack Receiving Center by the American Heart Association and an accredited Chest Pain Center by the Society of Cardiovascular Patient Care. This facility has an EPIC EMR system, providing the most up-to-date information regarding patients’ care and treatment to its nurses, physicians and facilities.
Scranton, PA is the sixth-largest city in Pennsylvania and is known as the “Electric City” because the first electric trolleys were used here. Explore the Electric Trolley Museum, where you can travel through the history of trolleys and jump into a 90-year old trolley that has been put back into use to take visitors through a one-mile tunnel that was built in 1904. Take a tour down a real coal mile that is no longer in operation. It will take you 300 feet down an actual mine shaft! On your day off or after a shift check out Scranton’s largest park, Nay Aug, where you can explore walking trails, picnic areas, kid-friendly rides, playgrounds, pools, a waterslide complex and much more! Discover Montage Mountain Ski Resort, located 8 miles from downtown Scranton where you can ski, snowboard, snow tube, or just sit back and enjoy the scenic terrain.
ABOUT GIFTED HEALTHCARE
GIFTED Healthcare is a company that believes in the power of one person to make a difference in patient care. Join the ranks of our rapidly growing team of healthcare professionals, and become that difference!
Do you remember why you became a Registered Nurse at GIFTED? We do!